5.0 out of 5 stars Great Revision Book, 14 Dec 2011
This review is from: Edexcel AS History My Revision Notes: Pursuing Life and Liberty: Equality in the USA, 1945-68 (Paperback)
This was recommended to me by my teacher and I have already begun to use it for revision. Its colourful and clearly laid out. It doesn't swamp you with facts, and is divided up really clearly. Its got some great tips about exam technique too. Its made me feel much more confident about the january exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to read and ..., 2 Sep 2014
I just got my result which was an A, I was so lost reading other textbooks because I did not know which information to memorise, this book tremendously simplified thing. I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to read and memorise it well and also go through all the exam tips in it, they are precious with so many exam layout models. Definitely 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 19 Nov 2013
This book is good enough to be used as a sole revision guide for Black Civil Rights AS level History

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Addition to the Stable, 14 Mar 2013
Clear, concise and user friendly synopsis and revision guide to US Civil Rights 1945 to 1968. Students should find this an ideal companion to go alongside their own text books and their own very hard work ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars History edexcel d5 pursuing life and liberty, 28 Jun 2012
This book was brilliant, I would 100% recommend it. It includes model essays and paragraphs and gives extra guidance on what to write and how to write it. There was also activities included to help improve exam technique and the layout i.e simplified tables and glossary at the back etc was really good. Also, the fact that the detail was organised thematically was useful as was the extra added bonus of being able to access the website included for excellent online revision. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guides, 10 May 2012
I've never been this impressed with a revision guide. For GCSE, i loved the CGP series, but for AS, I can't recommend these enough. The writing is concise and manageable, but i think the best part of these books are their exam focus: sample answers that show top standard, but unlike other books, the structure makes the standard of answer highly achievable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best £6.49 I have ever spent, 29 April 2012
This book is brilliant! It gives you enough detail to get you up to speed for your exam, but does not overload you with meaningless facts and figures. It is written in a clear, concise way so it is easy to take in and remember. I just wish I had spent the hours I had making my own revision notes doing practice essays or something! - Good luck for May the 15th guys!

I also have the UK Government and Politics one, which is written in just the same way - I am now going to buy the Geography one too!

I just wish I had discovered this for my Henry the Eighth exam, and that they had one for the Korea/Vietnam unit!

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 29 April 2012
very helpful, tells you only what you need to know. written by the exam board, so nothing can come up which isn't in here. get it

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Mar 2012
The book is really helpful. Its got content and activities on almost every page to improve your exam skills. It really helped with my exam. I'm really pleased I bought it.