4 days until the exam I hear you say? 2 or 3 text books full of mountainous dense paragraphs to wade through, and even when you've surfaced you hope upon hope that you've managed to retain a few sound-bytes of useful information information.

Published on 18 Jan. 2013 by Thomas Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book + content - Watch who you buy off!
Good book.

Not happy with the quality though, meant to be very good condition.. Came with writing all over it. Not too happy.
Published 6 months ago by Becky

5.0 out of 5 stars For students working less effectively than Wayne Rooney's brain., 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: My Revision Notes Edexcel AS History: Stalin's Russia, 1924-53 (MRN) (Paperback)

So I'm no advocate of last minute revision, but the vast majority of students learn more in the 4 days leading up to the exam than they do all year; it's just a fact sorry parents. I'm addressing parents, as yes, you are a parent looking to buy this book for your son (or daughter!!) who is working less efficiently than the Post Office at Christmas, no wait, remove 'at Christmas'. Where this book comes in is here; it pulls all the useful facts an information into 4 major sections and further breaks those down. There are many exam questions to give a go and little test sections to try to see how much you have retained from the previous page. After each chapter is a useful high grade question answer detailing examiner comments and why the chocolate (is say 'chocolate' for 'essay' because the word essay makes me want to do anything else in the world like eat a Tesco Horse Burger and the word chocolate makes me feel like I've done good, but I digress) achieves the grade it does. There is a glossary and a timeline section in this book and if you're doing Russian AS history you will probably want the other book in this series "Edexcel AS History Russia in Revolution, 1881-1924" (for Option D).

So whether you've got 4 days until your exam, of 4 months, this revision guide will really help. However, you do have to open it to have any sort of effect.

Trust me, my teacher survived on photocopies from this book last year, and if the exam board found out - she would be sued; and then have to survive like a Russian peasant during the July Days. What's that? "What are the 'July Days'?"... Read, learn and revise it RIGHT NOW, in several minutes, with My Revision notes from Hodder Education. *Cheesy grin as camera zooms on product before miniscule terms and conditions are displayed for a millisecond*.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really helpful revision guide, 13 Dec. 2011
I bought this book a couple of weeks ago as I'm doing this exam after Christmas. It has been REALLY HELPFUL with revision. All of the things that you need to know are here and its broken down into short sections. There are also activities that help you practice exam technique.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and easy to use, 13 Dec. 2011
Great revision resource. I personally find sample exam questions and information relating directly to exams to be most useful, and that's exactly what this book has. Well-edited, great coverage of the topic, and with enough variety to make it actually readable. Pretty much the only guide you'd need on this module.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent revision guide., 29 April 2014
My son is Dyslexic and it is essential that he has well written notes to study from. As he struggles with note taking in class - his writing is often illegible and too slow - he is at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to being able to use his own notes to study from. He was about to consider giving up History, in spite of it being his favourite subject and getting an A* at GCSE for it, when I discovered this guide. Unfortunately it is not for the exam board his school has entered him for, but hopefully there will be sufficient overlap in the content for it to be useful. I wish this publisher would produce these guides for all the subjects and exam boards my son is taking for A Level. Tips and exercises on how to interpret exam questions correctly and how to write A* answers are well written and very helpful. An excellent guide. Just wish we had discovered these at the beginning of the academic year and not two weeks before the exams.

5.0 out of 5 stars GET THIS!, 10 May 2014
If you want to pass your exams, get this book!
Whilst you are best not reading the writing techniques section as each teacher has different ways of teaching you to answer the question in order to gain full marks, this book it perfect for learning all the facts you need to know to pass your exam.
I got close to full marks on this exam and it was because of this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 Jun. 2014
Bought this a couple of days before my exam as i had not revised was was confused as to how to revise for the topic. Buying this was the best decision i made EVER!!! Its was easy to read, crammed full of facts and everything was laid out in an organised manner which made revision so much easy and less confusing. I recommend this outstanding revision guide to anyone taking this subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars A helpful guide, 19 April 2013
This is a great guide about Russia and it provides you with what you are looking for in great amounts of detail, I would recommend this to anyone who is studying Modern History and learning about Russia from 1924-1953.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful primer and guide, 13 Mar. 2013
Clear and concise overview of the period giving students key themes, dates and statistics with which to support their written essays and coursework. Nicely presented and packaged.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is a Godsend especially for my granddaughter who ..., 19 Feb. 2015
S. Martin - See all my reviews
This book is a Godsend especially for my granddaughter who is at college and her history teacher difficult to get on with. Invaluable for her in her approach to exams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic revision guide, 31 Mar. 2013
I love this series as they've got a great balance is summarised facts and exam focused activities.Highly recommend this to teacher and student.

My Revision Notes Edexcel AS History: Stalin's Russia, 1924-53 (MRN)