on 15 January 2012
Liked this book a lot and so did my students, good brief summaries of main issues, good examples and nice section reviewing model and exemplar answers.

Ordering the Unit 2 version too now.

May be better used as a supplement/cross source alongside the main text book by McNaughton which is also very good, but between these two books and a regular diet of newspapers and Andrew Marr you should be lacking in very little.

Do check terminology coverage against the official specification though.
on 10 January 2013
What can I say, the student unit guide for unit 1 of Government and Politics (Edexcel) is absaloutly fantastic. The entire book is concise, so no drawn out parts blabbering on about matters not directly linked to the subject. I, myself am a Politics student, and I find the book particularly useful when I need to know something quick, because it is guaranteed that it will be in the guide. The guide contains many useful definitions in it, amongst plenty of useful advice on how to do well in your exams. There are plenty of examples of actual answers to exam questions, with written commentaries on them so you can learn from the mistakes of other candidates (Of course, they are made by the authors of the guide, but still give a great depiction of how many would answer the questions).

I strongly reccomend this guide, especially as it is not too pricey.
on 4 January 2013
Encouraged my students to use it for revision as it has everything that the revising student needs ....the lazy student who has paid attention in class will find it a godsend
on 24 September 2012
This book may look small but the content is plenty!

I have been studying my exams for ages and i am so glad now that i have my results that i brought this little book at the beginning of the year, its helped me understand the language of politics giving you definitions every page, helped me to grasp certain examples using simple to understand diagrams and ... a bloomin lot more.

Can honestly say that this book and the unit two one are THE best revision guides and at a great price too!
on 4 September 2013
This was great to have! Help me so much with my AS exam, allowing me to understand definitions and meanings a lot better, as well as helping me understand things that I found tricky!
on 9 July 2014
Don't expect to be writing essays straight from the material provided in the book. A lot of expansion is required. Other than this, the book is a MUST HAVE!
on 12 December 2012
My son love this book for his political science subject. Very helpful and informative, It came on time which is very good.
on 6 December 2013
This book has helped my daughter with her A level in politics. She is now achieving As in her homework. Well worth it.
on 4 February 2016
not that useful, i would recommend the My Revision Notes by Neil McNaughton as it more extensive and in depth.
on 21 March 2016
A great help for those students studying politics
Clear and concise for those revising the topic