5.0 out of 5 stars How easy is that?
My wife is Russian, and she can't believe how quickly I'm learning the language with this CD. I think it scares her a little bit! I would recommend this course to anybody who spent years at school/college not learning a foreign language, and thinking they just can't learn languages. You can! If I can, you can.
Published on 18 Jun. 2012 by Andrew Lale

Published 12 months ago by P Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars How easy is that?, 18 Jun. 2012
Andrew Lale (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Start Russian (Learn Russian with the Michel Thomas Method) (CD-ROM)

4.0 out of 5 stars Start Russian CDs., 20 Jan. 2013
Jeanne Rahanta "JeaRa" (Cheltenham, Royaume-Uni) - See all my reviews
Wanted something to start me out in Russian. Good method and good price. The right thing if you spend quite a bit of time in your car.

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Service was excellent but the product did not meet the expectation, 30 Mar. 2014
Amazon Service was excellent but the product did not meet the expectation. The disc is not accompanied by any kind of book and does NOT teach you the Cyrillic alphabet which I think is essential when you are in Russia. The amount of the language material was quite small for a disc but the drill to remember the vocabulary is good. There are no explanations on pronunciation of any kind - you need to expect to do it all by ear. I do not feel I've learnt a lot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but some flaws, 26 July 2014
Ms. M. Size "princess zeep" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I like this method however it'd be better if the teacher introduced new vocabulary first, some times she'll say how do you say X then there will be a beep for you to say, when that word hasn't been brought up.

Also I agree about the pronunciation. While she's a native since the students speak more you can pick up some mistakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definite Buy, 20 May 2014
Mr. D. Andrews "Lle Ni" (Wales) - See all my reviews
Great way to learn another language - Does what it says on the tin. I was so happy with this I bought the "total" version, as the "Start version" only has about 40 Russian words which is barely enough for simple tourism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn Russian the easy way!!!, 4 April 2013
I cannot rate this highly enough. For someone with very little affinity for learning languages (five years of German at school and I can barely speak a single sentence) I thought it might be impossible for me to learn something as tricky as Russian. Not so with the Michel Thomas method. The narrator and teacher of the CD, Natasha Bershadski, is fantastic and the classroom set up with two pupils learning along with you means the repetition doesn't feel forced, nor do you get bored. Learning a couple of tracks at a time while I got ready in the morning, repeating three or four times before moving on, meant that a full month and a half after completing the CD I can still remember how to speak the basics I've been taught. Also the fact that you can buy this beginner's CD relatively cheaply to see if you like the method of program before shelling out for the Total edition (at nearly £80 a big investment) is very much appreciated by this poor student!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not enough of a good thing!, 8 Feb. 2014
I found this CD very useful. It could have been longer and imparted much more information,if the teacher had not insisted on long winded explanations and perfect diction. I have tried much of it out on my Russian wife. Not always successfully. She also thinks the teachers insistance on perfect diction is too dictatorial. It would seem that Russian speach is very different, not only from reagion to reagion, but also from person to person. And I don't see that the "MT" method of learning is any better than other methods. But it is nice to learn without having to read and write. The teacher says, It's her responability to ensure that we retain the knowlage that she imparts... It would be a nice trick if she could do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good starter guide, 11 April 2013
A really good starter guide. Really easy to understand, and the pronounciation explained.
The teaching method with 2 other students who have different accents is also a useful guide when I had to follow the lesson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 13 Jun. 2012
This is a great way to get started with Russian. The visualisations and repetitions make it easy to remember. I have bought the next one!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Michel Thomas cds, 3 Feb. 2014
I was a bit disappointed as the cds were just not as good as the Michel Thomas cds as is claimed on the front of the cds. Some of the pronunciation is wrong. The teacher corrects the pronunciation sometimes but not always. If you learn anything from this cd, you might have to relearn it as the pronunciation is not clearly explained.

Start Russian (Learn Russian with the Michel Thomas Method)
Start Russian (Learn Russian with the Michel Thomas Method) by Natasha Bershadski (CD-ROM - 25 Nov. 2011)