on 6 January 2012
I am a massive fan of the Michel Thomas method. I did French up to GCSE level at school, but other than that I have no language learning experience. I didn't enjoy learning French at school at all, but this method makes language learning enjoyable and exciting. This won't provide you with vast amounts of vocabulary, but it will give you the basic foundations of the language, which can easily be built upon. The time and hours just fly by when you do this course, it's just so enjoyable. I accept that other people may prefer other language learning tool, but for me, this is brilliant and can be used in conjunction with any other course. Even though Michel Thomas doesn't actually teach this course, it is still the same method, and Natasha Bershadski is a very good teacher. In summary; for the money, this is a terrific course, and I would highly recommend everyone to try it!
on 17 July 2012
I needed to learn basic Russian as I now need to travel there for work.
I bought a different course first and found that challenging and quite academic and technical. With the Michel Thomas method you have a conversational process which makes learning easier.
This course brought me to an effective standard for visiting Russia on my own, with just a couple of hours a week for 6 weeks.
on 30 March 2014
This is a good way to learn Russian. For the most part I found the CDs useful, helpful and informative. But inspite of the promises made about how easy it would be. It still comes down to the individuals own memory. All the talk about making pictures in your mind is very little help. You still have to remember which picture belongs to which words. I found that listing to the CDs over and over again is helpful. But there also lies the problem. The more I listened, the more infuriating I found "Hissing Natasha's" way of teaching. Sometimes to the point of distraction! If this woman, who obviously knows her Russian and English, would only curb her long winded explanations and give better answers to her students questions. There would be more scope to learn more words etc. on each CD. And her insistance on perfect diction (I still don't know what she means by "soft and hard") Is the reason I have called her "Hissings Natasha". My wife, who is also Russian, found her to be too exacting as well.
Having said all that, I have found that these CDs make good traveling companions. I drive a lot and invariably listen to them when I'm on the road. My wife has noticed my progress!
on 16 April 2013
I enjoy this method of language learning. I have previously tried Michel Thomas Arabic CDs.

However occasionally I find this Russian set of CDs goes too fast for me, but being CDs I can go back and revise.

My Dad also enjoyed the CDs, my Mum however found the teacher annoying; therefore I'd down load a sample from audible.co.uk before you buy!

Unfortunately I have had to give up my Russian for the time being as car thieves broke into my car and having failed to hot wire her headed off with the box set of CDs..
on 18 March 2012
This must be the easiest way to learn a language! No effort, no learning vocabulary, no grammar; just do as the lady says and the language goes in ... and comes out. Brilliant.
on 20 May 2014
This is a great way to learn another language. You almost feel that you are in the same room as the instructor and her 2 pupils and part of the classs. I loaded the CD's into my multi-changer in the car and listen to them when I am driving. I went to Odessa a month after I started this course and was complimented on my accent (limited to the little Russian I had learnt at that time).
Great product - does what it says on the tin.
on 21 August 2012
I'd be mostly positive on this. The language teacher, Natasha Bershadski, is an expert and condenses the key elements of the Russian language into a solid platform. The grammar and how to meld together the meaning and pronunciation are excellent. There is also a PDF of the text online. The minor issue I'd have was the Vocabulary CDs. These were not the same student participants as the main CDs and as well seemed to introduce new grammatical material that was not covered in the main. But overall, I'd recommend this set.
on 16 April 2014
This is the ideal way to learn Russian (or any other language), especially if you drive around a fair bit and listen while you drive. The pace is excellent as the sympathetic teacher encourages the two learners (one good, the other making a lot of errors) and you learn along with them.
on 4 April 2014
I tried private lessons, Pimsleur and Linguaphone. The Michel Thomas was by far the best. I even enjoyed learning such a difficult language..
on 10 March 2014
Excellent course for absolute beginners.
Makes learning Russian lots of fun. I am a new convert.
Well worth the investment.