Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 November 2012
I rate this very highly. The listener learns the Greek words one at a time; from 'a sandwich' to 'I want a sandwich', 'he wants a sandwich', 'she doesn't want a sandwich but she wants a tea' etc. The method appeals to the listener's intuition. The CDs need to be paused often - when the teacher asks the 'class' for a translation - so the only downside is that I can't really use this whilst driving.
on 11 June 2014
Went to Greece on hols and just had to learn more.Tried a few cheap options but have found this by far the best way to learn,as you dont just learn useful phrases but the structures to make you own sentences. You wont be chatting like a Greek with just this disc set, but it will give you an excellent start. When I tried my greek speaking skills on a greek shop keeper she said `you have the soul of a greek`, at least I think she did. the system is based on a teacher teacher greek to 2 pupils with you acting as the third.A very useful pamphlet is included ,but you will have to learn more words for objects from elsewhere, but plently of that sort of stuff on free translators and web sites. Ya sas.
on 8 September 2012
I have used Michel Thomas CDs previously: to improve my confidence in speaking French and to start learning Spanish (did not persevere prior to a visit to Madrid but got by amazingly well having done only half the course).
You realise when you get places that you have learnt things without any strain or even awareness that you 'know' the language until words pop into your head when you try to use it.
This course is produced by the Michel Thomas Method after his death and is just as effective as the original Produced by him.
I've just returned from a holiday near Kavala in the north of Greece. When I visited the island of Thassos and got lost I asked for directions in Greek and was amazed to be asked 'are you from Athens?'. My accent was obviously unfamiliar but at least I was understood. In Thessalonika I asked a man if I was heading for the airport. He replied 'yes', smiled at me and then asked 'and which language do you normally speak? He then gave detailed directions in English. My biggest difficulty with practicing the languages is that everyone knows that 'the British don't learn languages'. Inevitably when I try, people start speaking (willingly in France) to me in English. Total Greek with the Michel Thomas Method (Michel Thomas Series)
on 24 July 2013
This language course is one of the best I have tried, it makes learning a language possible with very little effort, it works like magic and I would recommend the course to others without hesitation.
on 21 January 2015
So clever and enjoyable to listen to.
I got this because another comprehensive greek course I had felt to difficult
to get my teeth into.
Michel Thomas' method has given me a good dose of confidence.
on 7 November 2013
Learning modern day Greek with this method is a lot of fun and very useful. Just for about 15-20 minutes a day pick up your audio device and participate by listening and joining in. I'm very happy I bought it.
on 17 November 2013
This is a great way to learn a language and I am really enjoying it. I have this in the car and talk away to myself just turning the stereo off when I need to take a break
on 20 November 2013
Great way to learn ,would recommend to anyone interested in learning a new language can't wait to speak to the locals when I go to Greece !!
on 8 March 2015
Looks the part... I just need to apply myself to the product now :)
on 12 May 2015
So far, so good. Really feel I'm progressing with this programme