5.0 out of 5 stars Good service. Excellent product., 27 July 2013
This review is from: Complete Self Assessment for Medical and Surgical Finals, Second Edition (Paperback)
This book was a life saver during finals. Really came in handy when I was fed up of reading notes and just wanted to do something that didn't require reading notes. It covers almost all topics. Easy to follow with radiological images and ECGs. Different types of questions MCQs and EMQs. Was really good to also monitor and cement what you already know. I definitely recommend it and I'm glad someone told me about it. I just wish I'd used it earlier on in my senior years of medical school as opposed to the a month before finals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good practice, 22 Jan 2013
It's very important to practice questions whether it's throughout your medical training or approaching exams. The main reason I bought this book is because it has different types of questions, divided by different specialties. It has SBAs, EMQs and x-ray questions. Even though the quality of the x-rays in the x-ray questions isn't great, but you can't really ask for too much, since x-rays are probably best viewed on a computer screen. I think the x-ray sections are GOLDEN! I don't really know of any other 'practice question' medical books that covers this area of medicine.

Another thing I'd like to comment on, is the difficulty of the questions. It says it's for medical and surgical finals. I'm in my second to last year (on a grad entry course) and I think the questions are manageable, meaning that they're not too hard and not too easy. It's easy compared to OnExamination, so if you want loads of practice, I wouldn't rely completely on this book.

Complete Self Assessment for Medical and Surgical Finals, Second Edition