Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 May 2001
I've been using this book for the last 2 years whilst I've been studying for a BTEC in Childhood Studies. It contains everything yoou need to know and now I am working I still use it to refer to during the course of my day.
on 29 September 2001
As a childcare lecturer, I will certainly recommend this book to my students. It is valuable for a whole range of courses - BTec,DCE, NVQ2 & 3, and provides more detailed information for Early Years Degree students. Very impressive and clearly organised.
on 22 July 2004
As this book was out in 2002 i could not use 'childcare and education' as part of my cache diploma in childcare and education level 3 course at college. This would have been very useful for me to use during the course as the book covers chapters from observations and assessments to health, working with babies and equal opportunities in childcare. But to my luck i use this book as a reference and guide as i am completing my degree in early childhood studies at university. I shall always carry this book with me as it is simple and easy for us all to understand and also covers most aspects of childcare and child development which is ideal for both nursery nurse trainees and just all individuals in general.
Hope my comments help and i would recommend you to buy this book.
on 4 October 2001
I am studying for my NVQ 3 and have found this book very helpful. It is set out easily and is written in plain english! A definite must!
on 28 February 2002
Childcare and Education is an essential book for any student or practitioner in Early Years. It is clear and concise, dealing with subjects from child development to child abuse. As a student the book was invaluable to me, allowing me to grasp my chosen subject with practical advice and research. As a childcare tutor, it is the one book I recommend to student - if you can only afford to buy one childcare book- buy this!
This was the second book I bought for my girlfriend when she was studying childcare. This was on the required book reading list and she used it frequently for studying and essays/presentations.

I'm no expert in childcare myself, but having a quick look through it's very nicely presented and easy to digest the important information about child education. It is very in depth though, as many books of this type are. Even if you are not studying and you are a parent, some of the information here is useful and rewarding to know.

A good book and well worth investigating
on 2 March 2015
This contains loads of useful information and guidance for students, however the course it is intended to accompany has been re- designed and re- titled. The text book for the newer courses is due to be published in April 2015.
on 16 December 2012
I am doing a child care course and was recommended this book by my tutor. I bought the fifth edition figuring the latest edition would be the best but i am dissapointed. Itis full of short paragraphs or bullet points where the fourth edition, which most of the class seem to have, has good long paragraphs about subjects and theorists, i do not feel there is the same amount of information in this one and would recommend the fourth edition over this one
on 2 March 2015
I've referred to my earlier addition on many occasions for my child care studies and when working as a qualified practitioner. I really love this new addition which is more colourful texted and with photos. An excellent child care reference book that all students and practitioners would find useful to their work.
on 19 December 2009