5.0 out of 5 stars awsome, 28 Mar. 2011
This review is from: CCEA A2 History Unit 2: Partition of Ireland 1900-25 (Option 4) Student Unit Guide (Paperback)
Im currently doing this module in A2 History and will sit my exam in May. Im so glad this came out before then, its simple and easy to read. All the topics are set out in a straight forward mannerand the content is clearly defined to its relavent topic which makes reading any additional content I recieve in class easier as I now know what else to learn with it. The greatest pain in this module is the need for historiography, this book has quotes from celebrated historians in every other line, this means that any reader will never be short of a quote to reinforce their viewpiont especially since often two arguments set by two historians is presented. The historians include Bew, Laffan and Jalland etc they are authors on the NICCEA specifacations recomended reading list. I now trust the publisher of this Revision Guide series, as I have also supplemented my Alevel biology knowledge with their NICCEA AS and A2 Biology guides, which are fantastic also. Unfortunately I havent been able to find a guide for my NICCEA A2 Unit 1 exam also set for this May; Clash of Ideologies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for any History A-Level student, 4 Jun. 2015
I used this book throughout my A-Level History class as it was easy to understand and simply presented. The most helpful thing about this book whilst studying the Partition of Ireland was not only being created by the exam board, but the timeline was accurate to what was being taught in class therefore it was extremely easy to use alongside with class notes. The sources that were presented throughout the book (how it is actually mainly written via sources from historians) were extremely useful as they were both complementary and gave relevant opinions on the topics being studied. Towards the end of the book, it gives examples of past paper questions and on how to answer them which are also a benefit to any A-Level student. Although please note: there is an updated version of this book, therefore the advice on introduction for source question(s) no longer applies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 19 April 2013
I didn't buy this off amazon, I got it at my local Easons. I would definitely recommend the book to anyone studying Irish History, I doesn't include all everything but it was a great help on actually understanding the events that transpired. I bought it because I was having trouble with my coursework and I plan on using it to study for my exams next month.

4.0 out of 5 stars A2 Partition of Ireland, 17 Jun. 2011
This is an excellent resource for students of A2 History with CCEA. The layout of the book is conducive to developing good understanding of the module and the exemplar questions extremely informative. The writing style is pitched at an appropriate level for A Level students and Historiography is addressed throughout the text. Highly recommended read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 Aug. 2013
Get it! I did and it has helped so much, I know have a greater understanding of my course and what is expected of me

4.0 out of 5 stars Study reference, 16 May 2013
Needed this book for History study reference, does what it says on the tin, couldn't ask for more of it.