Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 February 2012
So basically I got this here on Amazon because my school were selling them to us at RRP and recommended to us for GCSE Philosophy and Ethics. I thought I could get it cheaper here, and I was right.

So more about the book.
It's well presented and has all the right information, so I was happy with it for that. This one has lots of information and is very factual.
BUT it is very uniform and not as friendly as some of the CGP revision books and not as motivating to revise with. I prefer the CGP books for motivation and friendliness when trying to get into revising for the first time.
CGP books had things like jokes and ways to remember facts, which some could say is very useful, but others could think of as being a little too childish for a teenager.

This book one is great for if you want to get down to business when revising without any procrastination or fancy ways to remember. It's best for people who can remember blocks of information no problem, but for those who can't, I would recommend the CGP books more.

(Sorry for the long comparison with the CGP books)

>> So if you didn't want to read through all of that, here is the low-down from me: <<

Advantages:
- Good for those who can remember blocks of information
- Well presented
- Good information
- I like the way it's sectioned into the right things to learn

Disadvantages:
- Bad for those who prefer study helps like jokes and mnemonics.
- Not as friendly to revise with

And in case you wanted to know, I got an A in my Philosophy and Ethics exams. I believe that this revision guide was a big help.
on 30 November 2015
As a current student of this specification, I have found this book useful. Useful, but not outstanding. It had all the information I needed but it was set out in a way that made revision much more difficult than it should have been. There are bullet points but really they are just paragraphs. Features typically found in other guides, such as bold words and phrases, sub headings and short simple bullet points were missing in this book. I feel almost as if this book was written to study from, not to revise from with too much detail being given to content you are supposedly viewing for the 2nd or 3rd time. The CGP guide is easier to follow and more clearly organised in that respect.
I will say this though, if you are looking for an A or A* and are willing to put the effort in to read the book despite it being relatively difficult to do so, this book is great. The CGP books are slightly too dumbed down to quite give you everything you need for an A* and especially on the essay questions, I often find myself wishing I had used this book to study the respective topic.
In conclusion, buy this book if:
- you are highly motivated
-you are looking for an a or a*
-you paid little attention in class these past few years and want to learn everything now (The extra detail makes it perfect for those learning the content for the first time)
Do not buy if:
-you are only doing this course because your school is making you (It's unlikely you will be motivated enough to use this guide)
-reading long pieces of text, you often lose focus
-you are confident with all of the content and just need a very light refresh
-you made great detailed class notes (If this is you, just buy the CGP guide to complement them, that said, no revision guide will ever be as good as your own well written notes)
on 5 April 2011
excellent resource, more challenging than some GCSE books. Arrive no problem and in use by my class the next day.

Comprehensive coverage , loads of quotes and source material.
on 10 June 2015
A handy little revision guide fit for purpose. It is easy to understand and summarises everything nicely, with handy little keyword and keypoint boxes. It is arranged neatly and clearly. However there is a distinct lack of quotes which are needed for the exam.
on 8 September 2014
Fantastic book! well worth the price, in year 10 in mock exams i was getting C's and B's then I bought this and put the work in for year 11 and achieved an A* on every exam this summer :D you won't regret it! just remember to look up the bible passages mentioned in the box on each page online and remember them :)
on 23 May 2016
From getting a D in mock to getting an A* full marks in my full course OCR gcse RS, BEST BOOK YOU WILL EVER BUY FOR RS.

Forget all the other books, guys I'm not even joking this book is amazing as it has quotes and it saved my GCSE! Buy it NOW!!!.

Well presented
Easy to follow
Gets you the A* at the end of the day.
on 21 May 2012
This book helped me to revise for my exam. The subjects were clearly set out, and the key points were useful to summarize each page, which made it easier when I went over each topic. The definitions were clearly displayed at the bottom of each page, which meant I didn't have to trawl through to the end of the chapter to look for precise meanings.
on 15 January 2012
This is an excellent book, and great for the price! Got easy good notes inside that are great to help you revise! Questions are throughout the book that will get your mind thinking throughout.
I know that above sounds cheesy and like am a geek, but to be honest i have always hated R.E. but since i found out i need it to graduate from uni i decided to try and this book helped me a great deal!
on 6 August 2013
Fantastic! this is the best revision guide. It is simply laid out, easy to read and has everything needed for a revision guide. My sons took it into school and the teacher preferred it to the GCP guide. It has the whole course in it too. I cannot recommend this highly enough and neither could their teacher!
on 12 July 2013
I bought this because t was recommended by my philosophy teacher when our final exam was about two weeks away. I waited to buy it and accidentally left it too late and only was able to use it for the a day and a half. However the book came on time and the information inside is excellent and I would recommend it to anyone wh has the exam coming up. The book looks quite small and not worth the price when deliverd but it's a lot bigger than you think as there is about 90 odd pages inside and they are all crammed with infomation. I have to say I probably wouldn't have done aswell with my exam if it wasn't or this book so don't hesitate to buy it :)