5.0 out of 5 stars Wort fur Wort
Published on 3 Jun 2011 by Marcus

1.0 out of 5 stars a useless mess
"Wort für Wort" (4th edition) is a rather useless catch-all mess. Each chapter is divided in shorter bilingual sections which include a mishmash of arbitrarily selected words and phrases or even complete sentences (as if language was about parroting).

A number of those words and expressions could actually stand in several sections. Why put "terrorist...
Published on 27 July 2007 by Sibyllebo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wort fur Wort, 3 Jun 2011
This review is from: Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary (Paperback)
This book aided me from GCSE to A2, extremely useful, not only does it contain idiomatic phrases which there is no way of looking up in a dictionary, it has sections of field specific vocabulary which is really helpful, especially in AS and A2. I think it is a must-have if you are learning German as a foreign language. Good quality and good condition. However, compared with Palabra por Palabra, it lacks that extra bit (i.e.- phrases and vocab) that will have you stand out in an exam. But that might just be there are less of these phrases in the language. But very useful!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for AS and A2 German, 24 May 2007
Jonathon May (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This book helped me through my AS German and currently through my A2.

It gives helpful and useful little connective phrases, whole phrases and helps give a wider range of lexis, which is what the examiners want.

Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uberragend supertolles!, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary (Paperback)
Amazing book, I couldn't do my A2 without it. The structure, by topic, is perfect for using to write essays and the vocab suggested helps you to write idiomatically and fluently. I showed this book to my teachers, who thought it was so good that they bought one for everyone in my class. I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars STUNNING BOOK, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary (Paperback)
'Wort fur Wort' was the most useful book I could have ever wished for, it really aided me through my A-Level Course. In fact, I still use it to this day at University becasue it is so useful! It is organised into chapters which provide simple access to whatever you could possibly need to say. Very worthwhile, especially for the unbelievable price I found mine on Amazon for.

I will be awaiting Paul Stocker's next book which I think is coming out in 2012, entitled "A Student Grammar of German".

To sum up: great book, great price - don't acknowlege the bad reviews!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, well worth-while, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary (Paperback)
As I was considered to be gifted at German during my AS year, my teacher told me to buy this book as one of her upper sixth students use it and he praised it constantly, so I went ahead and bought it. I was amazed to which lengths of vocabulary it went to. It gives you phrases and great vocabulary. Personally I find the essay vocabulary and phrases are the reason I can write an essay in German almost as well as I can in English now. I have no faults in this book except sometimes the vocabulary has been put into a weird chapter but if you're learning it all for your exams you're bound to cover it anyway so it doesn't matter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect vocabulary/phrase book, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary (Paperback)
This is a MUST have for all A-level students. As a teacher of AS and A2 German I cannot recommend it highly enough. The book covers every topic at AS and A2 and gives advanced vocabulary for students to learn that is ideal for the exams as well as essay language and the language of argument.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite useful, 14 Mar 2010
This book is well constructed into different sections and provides useful sentences and phrases which can easily be manipulated into essays or long exam questions in order to show a bit of flair or creativity. Some of these phrases are useful for more than one topic, and the vocabulary is essential for some of the topics at AS/A2.
I would not say that this book stretches you in any way, although it is a good reminder for up and coming exams, and is quite easy to scan over and remind yourself of anything which may have slipped your mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wort Fur Wort, 23 Feb 2010
Arrived on time. Good vocabulary book. Easy to find words as they're all set out by subject matter, i.e. shopping, food, etc. It could be more extensive, but certainly suficient for beginner/intermediate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by teacher, 15 April 2014
A. M. Thomason "Ali" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary (Paperback)
This was recommended by A Level German teacher & also classmates. Seems to be very good from what I hear from my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent revision tool, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary (Paperback)
Excellent revision tool. Helped me to achieve a B grade in my German AS level. I recommend this book to everyone studying German at A Level. All the topic areas are summarized nicely, fantastic phrases and words to help. I will be using it even more in the hope of bumping my overall A Level grade up to an A this summer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary
Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary by Paul Stocker (Paperback - 28 May 2010)