on 4 May 2013
It looked like it covered the basic themes and content quite well. My daughter is dyslexic and therefore I was looking for something that did not try to be pretentious and super clever, but that actually was an aid in opening the mind to the themes of the book in an engaging and easy to understand style. I thought the layout was good and made things easy to find. She said it was "ok". (Teenager!)
on 16 April 2014
So far I have found this book to be quite helpful as I am currently revising for my GCSE . The book has a very clear layout, it makes valid points and is easy to understand. As well as this, it includes helpful tips and guidance on how to plan answers, it also includes the assessment objects and example C grade and A* grade essays.
I would recommend this book to people such as myself who have really poor revision notes, but also to others as purchasing this book as it will definitely be worthwhile.
on 18 October 2012
This book includes information and tips on how to achieve A's and A stars. It includes: example exam questions, example exam answers and also developed details about the characters and their roles in this story.

It also refers to the author, Steinbeck, because in the exam or in your controlled assessments you will need state why Steinbeck chose these characters, what style of writing he has and how these characters reflect the society then and how it is diiferent from today. These points are all valid and will help you get better grades, so if you want to get good grades then this book will help you on your way!
on 22 February 2013
Very helpful, I find all the info for the essay I needed, plus the internet site was very useful. :-)
on 4 May 2012
This Philip Allan literature guide seems to be well written and provides plenty of revision material and useful advice for those taking GCSE. I would recommend it. It would be better, however, if there were more sample essays.
on 13 July 2015
Very helpful book talks about the characters and the themes. As well as talking about much more. I would recommend this book to anyone who is taking an exam that includes Of Mice And Men,
on 3 June 2012
after being very insecure with this novel i was scared to take my exam. With a week before the paper i bought this and thanks to the fast delivery and superb content i was able to now no the insides of the book so well and the information is written in a sophisticated manner which is acceptable for GCSE standard! Would really recommend to anyone studying this book in english. Really helped me get my A in the exam!
on 13 April 2013
Like all these things, good in parts, but not enough detailed reference, and should be more challenging for the higher grade candidate.
on 24 June 2013
This is perhaps one of the clearest literature guides out there. It is clear and simple and has good instructions. I have learning difficulties so find this is the only guide which does not complicate things. It gives clear descriptions and helpful quotes as well as tips. I would recommend it to anyone and it helped in my exam. I am keeping one star back for the cost of it. Was quite expensive for a boy on a budget.
on 22 March 2014
This is a very comprehensive guide to the literature Of MIce and Men and has been very helpful in obtaining a greater understanding of the text.