5.0 out of 5 stars enGROSSing
Published on 10 Jan 2012 by Foz Rahman

3.0 out of 5 stars MISSING PAGES!!!
This book is brilliant and has really helped me with my academic studies. I have had the book since september and bought it off amazon, i ahave just started to do one of my essays and have noticed that there are 17 pages missing!!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! I wish i had checked all my pages but unfortunatly it isnt something that you do is it?
If someone can point me in...
Published on 22 Mar 2012 by midwife2015

5.0 out of 5 stars enGROSSing, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 6th Edition (Paperback)
I was reluctant at first to purchase this book as one of my course colleagues insisted it was only for A-Level students. However, after reading numerous reviews I was persuaded to buy it. It arrived today and the assumption my colleague made in regards of it being a 'A-Level book' is completely false. It is THE reference book in psychology with every core concept in psychology covered. And what is more, even though it covers the vast majority of core topics, it does not comprimise in detail. There are also excellent illustrations in the text which I'm sure will appeal to the 'visual' learners with very clear and concise captions. As this is the latest edition it is very contemporary and up to date with modern psychology. And lastly, the front-cover ain't bad either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard Taught Me.., Now Buying book for my son lol!, 4 Oct 2012
I knew Richard Gross as a teacher at a London College. He was an exceptional teacher. He had just published the first edition of The Science of Mind and Behaviour at the time.., and it quickly became popular. I still have it now (it helped me occasionally in Uni as well). Now my 16 year old son is studying Psychology at AS level and I will be buying the latest edition for him. I have no doubt that it will be as useful to him as the original edition was to me.

How often is an author able to produce a multigenerational study aid book of this type?

5.0 out of 5 stars KINDLE version is great!, 7 July 2014
I reckon that with such A HUGE TEXTBOOK (almost 1000 oversize pages!), reading it on a kindle is actually way easier.

Cons of kindle version: Much smaller page size, one column of text per page (print book has two); Some boxes of key info aren't highlighted in the same colourful way as the print book; needs charging. No index for some reason.

Pros of kindle version: Lightweight, can fit in any bag or big pockets, can read without putting a massive textbook on your lap or on a desk, CHEAPER, can flick to pages instantly from contents page, highlighting is easy and reversible, I can use "notes" to find all the sections I highlighted; you can zoom in on photos, can read in the dark, can read on my laptop so the pages are huge and 2 columns wide.I don't have an iPad, but I imagine that using with the Apple kindle app this book would be a luxury to read.
Smaller page size could be a pro, since it breaks down this overwhelmingly gigantic book into less daunting chunks!

I decided to start with the kindle version for ease and versatility of use. I don't have to leave my greatest reference book at home! Maybe I'll get the paper versions at some point as well, for when I'm writing essays, since being able to view larger chunks (much bigger pages) may be more useful.

On the book itself: I fell in love with it immediately. A family friend who's a very successful counsellor let me borrow her copy, which was the second edition from 1992. She loved it. I bought it as I'm preparing to begin a psychology degree. I think I may actually prefer this to the assigned textbooks for the first module "Introduction to Psychology". This book is on the recommended reading list.

Richard Gross' "Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour" has been a favourite of psychology students, from its first edition, right the way through to the latest. I can see why!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, well written, and concise., 7 Jan 2011
Essential for any psychology student, this book offers an overview of all of the basics, in-depth information of the important bits . If your reading list for your course lists this book, I'd suggest buying a copy for yourself as it's likely to be in high demand at the university library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gross Review, 17 Mar 2013
Psychology- The Science on Mind and Behaviour is pretty much the bible for anyone studying Psychology at a degree level. I have rated it 4 stars because it covers literally everything that I have studied however it does not go into very much detail within each topic. This is defiantly a very useful book, which is great to use as a starting point for anyone studying interested or studying Psychology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a requirement to A Level Psychology. Extremely interesting, a must buy!, 22 Nov 2014
I bought this as it was a required item on my reading list for my Psychology A Level, although some might think it is expensive the book is worth every penny! This is one of my favourite Psychology books I have bought and read to date! It is very comprehensive and detailed and covers so many different aspects in Psychology. This book helped me get the high grade I did in my final exams, it actually helped towards me choosing to study this at University too. I honestly could not recommend this book enough to anyone interested in Psychology or studying the subject in school.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great reference tool for writers and fledgling academics, 17 Oct 2013
I read the first edition many years ago and bought this update recently. It is the go-to book on my shelves for a general overview of psychological concepts and practices. If you want to drill down to specific fields like forensic psychology or criminal profiling then you will need the books focused on those sectors. However this will give you the global view that a narrow focus needs for deeper understanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 2 Jan 2014
It is absolutely great.
Currently studying A Level Psychology and it has everything that I need + even more!
As someone with a keen interest in Psychology it is a great book for me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing pages, 28 Sep 2012
Ive just ordered the book and Im very concerned about these 17 missing pages.
Would someone please post which pages are missing so that I can check?

Many thanks in advance

5.0 out of 5 stars Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour, 20 Jan 2012
Ms. K. James (England) - See all my reviews
Excellent! Great for home study or referencing alongside college courses. It is a BIG book so i am getting through it slowly, but i would definitely recommend it to anyone with a real interest in learning about psychology.

Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 6th Edition
Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 6th Edition by Richard Gross (Paperback - 30 April 2010)