5.0 out of 5 stars enGROSSing
Published on 10 Jan 2012 by Foz Rahman

3.0 out of 5 stars MISSING PAGES!!!
This book is brilliant and has really helped me with my academic studies. I have had the book since september and bought it off amazon, i ahave just started to do one of my essays and have noticed that there are 17 pages missing!!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! I wish i had checked all my pages but unfortunatly it isnt something that you do is it?
If someone can point me in...
Published on 22 Mar 2012 by midwife2015

5.0 out of 5 stars enGROSSing, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 6th Edition (Paperback)
I was reluctant at first to purchase this book as one of my course colleagues insisted it was only for A-Level students. However, after reading numerous reviews I was persuaded to buy it. It arrived today and the assumption my colleague made in regards of it being a 'A-Level book' is completely false. It is THE reference book in psychology with every core concept in psychology covered. And what is more, even though it covers the vast majority of core topics, it does not comprimise in detail. There are also excellent illustrations in the text which I'm sure will appeal to the 'visual' learners with very clear and concise captions. As this is the latest edition it is very contemporary and up to date with modern psychology. And lastly, the front-cover ain't bad either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard Taught Me.., Now Buying book for my son lol!, 4 Oct 2012
I knew Richard Gross as a teacher at a London College. He was an exceptional teacher. He had just published the first edition of The Science of Mind and Behaviour at the time.., and it quickly became popular. I still have it now (it helped me occasionally in Uni as well). Now my 16 year old son is studying Psychology at AS level and I will be buying the latest edition for him. I have no doubt that it will be as useful to him as the original edition was to me.

How often is an author able to produce a multigenerational study aid book of this type?

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 11 Jan 2013
i am doing a access to health and social care course and this is very helpful for all of the units that i have studied so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have For Psychology Students, 28 Mar 2013
I ordered this book in my first year of university and it's been a life-saver right through to my final year! It covers a huge variety of topics and is a brilliant starting place for assignments and wider reading in general. I highly recommend it for any level psychology student.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, well written, and concise., 7 Jan 2011
Essential for any psychology student, this book offers an overview of all of the basics, in-depth information of the important bits . If your reading list for your course lists this book, I'd suggest buying a copy for yourself as it's likely to be in high demand at the university library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 2 Jan 2014
It is absolutely great.
Currently studying A Level Psychology and it has everything that I need + even more!
As someone with a keen interest in Psychology it is a great book for me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing pages, 28 Sep 2012
Ive just ordered the book and Im very concerned about these 17 missing pages.
Would someone please post which pages are missing so that I can check?

Many thanks in advance

5.0 out of 5 stars Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour, 20 Jan 2012
Ms. K. James (England) - See all my reviews
Excellent! Great for home study or referencing alongside college courses. It is a BIG book so i am getting through it slowly, but i would definitely recommend it to anyone with a real interest in learning about psychology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old GROSS!, 13 Aug 2011
Never fails to produce a perfect book. Easy to read defo worth having on your shelf bright, quick quotes great for my neuropsychology degree wouldnt go without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 2 July 2010
Nancy Hurley "SPH" (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
The book is detailed and yet incredibly easy to read. The very attentive reader shall identify some dry humor in-between the lines that make the book all-the-more amusing. The subject is facinating and the books format inspires one to read it as if it were literature; furthermore, it is (to understate the matter) TOO easy to sift through this (incredibly large) book, and find exactly the information you were looking for.
100% recommended

Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 6th Edition
Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 6th Edition by Richard Gross (Paperback - 30 April 2010)
26.99