5.0 out of 5 stars YES!!
VERY good. If you're trying to learn German, this will help loads. Its handy to take to college with you so you can read it to find things to say when you're put on the spot.
Published 4 months ago by Shy_Bambi

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for a Beginner
I bought this along with 5 other Teach Yourself German books, but for me this was the least useful of the lot. Although it has 16 chapters with lots of vocabulary around the themed topic, I wondered when reading it what I was getting that I couldn't get from a dictionary.

Published 22 months ago by E. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for a Beginner, 21 Dec 2012
E. Smith (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Essential German Vocabulary: Teach Yourself (Paperback)

There's a few vaguely relevant phrases in each chapter, but if you have the other TY books, I don't think there was really anything new.

It's probably ok as a standalone book or if you have a very rudimentary or virtually non-existent knowledge of German, so it's possible that I'm being a bit unfair as I'm probably not the target market.

5.0 out of 5 stars YES!!, 11 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars OU material - for serious study, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Essential German Vocabulary: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
You can test yourself thruout the book but it is intended for in-depth study - also full of detail for visiting German-speaking areas of the world - better than a phrasebook

Essential German Vocabulary: Teach Yourself
Essential German Vocabulary: Teach Yourself by Lisa Kahlen (Paperback - 28 May 2010)