As someone who's been an amateur writer for years (read: writing for years, never published, never been employed to do it as a job, currently blog as a hobby), this was an interesting, if overly-long "introduction". The chapters are well-structured, and they certainly do introduce you to all different kinds of writing, at the most basic of levels, which is all a beginner needs. For novels, we even have that exceptionally tricky area of - gasp - THE SECOND DRAFT.

It's not overly complicated. It doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. It's got some interesting hints, tips and tricks, but there are some books out there which are much, much better in completely different ways.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of the book from Netgalley to review, but was not required to provide a positive review. My opinions are my own.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 19 May 2011
This book has simple but well structured chapters, which teaches the reader how to write from short novels and poems to scripts and screen writing. I would recommend it to novice who want to learn to write.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again