5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding weather
Compact book, succinct and well written with useful pictures. I bought this to give me a light grounding before embarking on a short Open Univ course on weather and it gave the feel for the subject and introduced me to useful terminology
Published on 27 Mar 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Heard going
I have always been fascinated with the weather and found out some very interesting facts on the way though the book.
Very informative and worth a read if you are looking to get to know what the weather is telling you.
Published 14 months ago by Paul Swift

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding weather, 27 Mar 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting and informative book., 24 Feb 2012
P. Kinsella - See all my reviews
This review is from: Understand The Weather: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
Am doing an Open University degree and on looking at the list of courses wanted to do nearly all of them including one about the weather. To save time and money researched books on the subject and was recommended this one. It is simple to follow and gives loads of information for those just wanting to learn the basics. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun on a rainy day, 2 Mar 2014
Very clear and progressive explanations with excellent diagrams concentrates on principles which are logically extended and developed to build understanding.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heard going, 28 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The Weather, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Understand The Weather: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
This is a brilliant book if you are interested in the Science of the weather. Costing just under 10. this is a real bargain.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice concise read but many pictures missing, 7 July 2011
I bought this for the Kindle app on my iPad. It's a nice introduction to understanding the weather but I think I'll still need to buy something more in-depth at some point to gain a further understanding on the subject. The thing that has annoyed me though is that throughout the book there is references to colour images which aren't actually in the book. I suppose when I think about it, the ebook conversion was for an actual Kindle so perhaps I should have known it might be incomplete. Next time I'll know not to textbook style books from the Kindle bookstore!

Understand The Weather: Teach Yourself
Understand The Weather: Teach Yourself by Peter Innes (Paperback - 27 Aug 2010)
9.09