1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars 10% Speed Reading Techniques & 90% Time Management, 8 July 2011
I bought this book because I really was desperate to improve my reading speed. I read a few reviews on amazon and thought this book would do the job. However, I was bitterly disappointed. Although the book is easy to read and summarises key points at the end of each chapter, it was very light on speed reading techniques.

The content of the book seemed to be full of time management techniques rather than speed reading. It clearly seems like a poor compilation of several good books on speed reading; references are made to those books. Once you read chapter 1 on the Five-Step Reading System, you will be completely bored as the same idea is repeated throughout the book without a clear link. This is probably the worst book I've read so far this year (13 in total).

I would have returned it to amazon, except for the fact that I had already written my name in the book. This book will not teach you more about speed reading than you have already learned through the normal primary and secondary academic system. It is poorly researched and lacks originality.

Don't waste your money on this book, you'll bitterly regret it!

Work Smarter with Speed Reading: Teach Yourself
Work Smarter with Speed Reading: Teach Yourself by Tina Konstant (Paperback - 26 Feb 2010)