4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Published 22 months ago by Georginatsk

3.0 out of 5 stars Useless without CD
And honestly, who have CD reader these days? So even if I order the CD component, I have no mean to execute them. And the book rely strongly on audio part having exercises based on it. It should be optional and not mandatory. And audio files should be available via subscription on the web.
Published 8 months ago by dasharv

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: Complete Korean: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
I bought the product as a complete novice, only knowing a few word but this book is terribly good. Its easy to read and understand, and really leads you through the courses. It goes up from beginner to level 4 so i will be using it for some time and i'd be happy to. One thing, however is that it is meant to be read along with a CD at some points, not enough to be put off and the book explains the text in writing but i believe a version with the CD's would be better for most people.

5.0 out of 5 stars A-MAZ-ING, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Complete Korean: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
This is such a good start for anyone who is hoping to learn Korean. It is well laid out and presented and gradually builds up your knowledge. It has great exercises and vocabulary is all in the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 19 Oct 2012
Totally 5-star for this book and CD. Teach you everything about the korean language. Have been learning for quite a while and I can even watched korean drama without english subtitles. I still have some difficulties in speaking the korean language fluently but this book and cd pack totally teaches you everything. Still, you have to put in determination and practice to enable yourself master the korean language. Cheers

4.0 out of 5 stars So good, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Complete Korean: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
I'm really enjoying this so far! Without the CD I'm a little bit lost RE: some pronunciations (partly due to the self-teaching I'd attempted prior to buying this book, whereupon some of the things I was taught seem to conflict with the teachings in this, but I'm sure I'll get round it)

I've only finished the first unit and already I feel kind of confident in what I've learnt and my ability to construct a simple sentence. Korean is one of the most difficult languages I've encountered so far (most of the languages I've looked at I can usually spot patterns and pick up a phrase or two fairly rapidly) and while this book doesn't necessarily make it EASY, it's definitely smoothing out the bumpy ride, haha. The exercises are interesting and varied, and I appreciate the insistence on using both hangul and romanisation.

While I wish it came with the CD (my only real reason for the 4* review, other than the fact I haven't finished the book), the book itself is pretty hefty and handy for the price, and I'll probably pick up the CD at some point later on. It shipped out and arrived as expected. Good item! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Complete Korean: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
its good easy to use and learn. i think though its not one hundred percent complete without the cd which doesnt come with the book so yeha

4.0 out of 5 stars no cd!! buy the package, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Complete Korean: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
Pretty good but doesn't come with the cd!!! Why? I had to pay another 20quid and Waste even more time to get the cd which really is necessary, my advice is make sure you buy the package with cds, or for this publishing company To stop being such robbing bastards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review by a Korean teacher, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Complete Korean: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
This is a good book for beginners and beginner-intermediate students.
I would recommend it for other students as well.
It would go well with course books like Yonsei Student Books or Sogang Books at Level 1 and Level II

3.0 out of 5 stars Useless without CD, 1 Aug 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not buy, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: Complete Korean: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
I was looking inside the book and with the 1st unit I already saw errors.
The Roman converted dialogue has word wrong. Where the hangul dialogue has written: "내. 안녕하세요! 잘 지냈어요?"
잘 지냈어요 is converted to "chal chinaessoyo" when it has to be "jal jinaessoyo". ㅊ is ch and ㅈ is j.
The same error occurs in the following units also.
I find it mindblowing that this error has not been spotted and that now a lot of incorrect books are out there on the market and people are learning it wrong trusting that the books they buy are correct.

ARRAY(0xad0ac294)

Complete Korean: Teach Yourself
Complete Korean: Teach Yourself by Jaehoon Yeon (Paperback - 30 April 2010)
24.99