on 29 May 2010
This set is a wonderful way of getting into Hindi although the Level 3 book I purchased most definitely suits people who already know a decent amount and are perhaps coming back to the language and require a refresher course. It quickly guides you through the grammar and is jargon-free which certainly helps.

The course utilises the Devanagari script - which I learned straight away when I begun learning the language many years ago - but also has the script transliterated. The CDs are clear and spoken at a nice pace and there are plenty of written exercises to work through. It is an ideal companion to Teach Yourself Hindi which has more detail and examples regarding grammar; both are must-haves for anyone wishing to learn this intelligent, beautiful language.

Alas, all is not quite well. The box states that the book is in full colour; it isn't, it's black and white (and the print smudges easily!). Furthermore, the box states that there is access to further learning on-line but as yet I haven't discovered how to access this further learning.

I acknowledge that this is a new series and a very well thought-out one it is too so maybe these are errors which will in due course be corrected. I am awaiting Level 4 with excitement as I aim to complete all these courses in a couple of years.

Finally, information on where to sit an examination in the chosen language would be ideal. Otherwise, this is a wonderful set and one I'll return to again and again.
on 6 October 2012
This book is very useful for the Beginner in Hindi - I have friends from India they like to hear me TRY - to speak their language - so we swap - English / Hindi - back and forward this is a lovely arrangement
on 18 November 2012
Just received this, everything's fine except that I can't rip the cd onto my computer - it says the file has been moved or deleted. I wanted to use it on my iPod and it's going to be pretty annoying to have spent the money on the audio if I can only use it to 'play' in my PC. Has anyone else had this problem with the file access on the cds?
Also I noticed that this is the old version on the cd, simply remarketed: it's still called 'Teach Yourself Beginner's Hindi' rather than 'Get Started in Hindi'. I don't care about this, I just want to be able to use my cd!

Any light anyone can shed is much appreciated. :)
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2011
Good starter for Hindi beginners.No previous experience of this fascinating language required.Good for all ages and experience.Start learning from day1
on 14 May 2015