Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 June 2011
if you are looking for a really useful guide on just what the title says, then this for you. if you are looking for pretty pictures and retro vintage styling, then don't bother. i bought a bit of both in two books and although the other book was the one i wanted to pick up first, the pretty pictures did wear thin and i think this book will be one i will dip into for much more time to come. it is packed full of useful tips on what to buy, how to tow, etc and it clearly written by someone who knows what they are talking about. great!
on 17 August 2010
This book is invaluable for anyone starting out with a touring caravan.
Told in lay mans language with a sense of humour.
Practical and informative on every aspect of caravanning.
on 1 January 2011
Bought as CXmas gift for rellies who have just bought a caravan for the first time. Really handy book full of advice, tips etc. Good value for money. Very good.
on 29 May 2011
A simple no nonsense guide to owning and running a caravan. Easy to understand, this is a valuable aid for caravan virgins!
on 26 June 2014
My wife and I bought our very first touring caravan last year and we are still learning all about it. This book has provided some very helpful hints and tips on how we use, look after and tow the caravan. A must for all new touring caravan owners
on 15 August 2012
As a newcomer to the world of touring caravans, this guide has proved to be a Godsend to me. Up to around a month ago I really had no idea what a three-way fridge was or how 12V electrics differed from electric hook-up etc, etc, etc. This book has been written clearly with the lay person in mind and answers all those questions I had felt rather foolish to ask! Maybe seasoned caravanners may see it as a lesson in sucking eggs, but those just starting out like me will really benefit from this handy reference tool.
on 3 December 2012
As we were both completely new to caravanning we felt that we needed some good basic advice, which gave instruction re towing, reversing and using and maintaining the various services. We chose this book after reading the reviews online and we have found it to be invaluable.
on 29 October 2010
Am considering buying a touring caravan and wanted help and advice. This book, in my opinion, gives just that, in an easy to understand format. It is probably more suitable to novices like myself and tells you all you need to know before you make that purchase.
on 1 November 2013
A simple but comprehensive guide to caravanning. Just returned from our first trip in the caravan and found the book most helpful.
I would recommend it to other beginners and perhaps to those with a little more experience. Despatched quickly, so no waiting around.
on 17 January 2015
If you're new to caravanning, this book will give you a good foundation in what is required when using your caravan. It would also serve as a great reference book to save in your van.
For more experienced caravanners it will serve as a reminder and sense check to the basic principles of caravanning. As in my case, some of the best practice we should be following will have slipped somewhat!