on 6 June 2015
As the father of 3 girls I get to do a lot of washing up! Damn this book for the last few weeks my work has increased 10-fold! One or more of them always has it open, our kitchen a constant snow storm of flour dust. Even the little one can follow the easy steps and excellent pictures, producing very tasty results. So now I'm 2 stone overweight and with hands like prunes.
... but they are learning fantastic skills for life.
on 27 May 2014
At last, a fabulous cook book that kids love and can read and understand clearly! What a joy to use! Love the recipes, even hubby wants to try out a few so must be good 😃
Colour pages and gorgeous photos make this a winner in my eyes, I can't stop my little uns wanting to do every recipe.
Summary: overall a first class CHILDRENS cookbook, that caters for big kids too 😉
on 17 January 2015
I was given this book as a gift and I have to say I love it. Great, interesting but achievable recipes. Cathryn comes across as enthusiastic and down to earth. Definitely recommend it to any mums and dads interested in cooking with their little ones.
on 2 April 2015
bought it for my grandaughter as she had borrowed it from the library, and really fancied making some of the recipes. She is just taking an interest in wanting to make meals, so hopefully this will help.
on 22 May 2014
So helpful with step by step pictures so you know what it should look like at every stage of the recipe, great for all ages!! Well done Cathryn!
on 8 July 2014
I was extremely excited to get my hands on Cathryn's new book as I was rooting for her to win Bake Off season 3. It's great to see the success she's had since appearing on the show and I couldn't wait to have a go at making all of her lovely recipes.

'Let's Bake' is aimed at encouraging baking with your family. There are recipes to suit all levels of bakers, from those just starting out to those who feel more confident in the kitchen. The book is divided into four sections, each one encompassing a different season and incorporating some gorgeous seasonal recipes. For example in Autumn when the blackberry bushes are straining under the weight of all those ripe, juicy berries, why not have a go at making Cathryn's drop scones with bramble butter and fresh blackberries. I know I'll be trying this one out!

Each recipe is very easy to follow and the layout is extremely clear with handy step-by-step photos to lend a helping hand. Even the more challenging recipes look achievable with some handy tips to ensure that your all your bakes turn out perfect.

Some of my favourite recipes so far include the malty moon custard biscuits, the gorgeous easy feta cheese triangles and the sweetcorn and chorizo cornbread muffins. I would recommend following Cathryn's advice on the latter and eating them warm straight out of the oven. I also can't wait to make the beautiful white rabbit cake, as well as the cheese and chive biscuits in the shape of little mice. I think children would love these.

A round of applause to Cathryn for writing such a wonderful baking book. My copy is already splattered with flour but isn't that always a sign of a well-used and well-loved recipe book. I'm looking forward to whipping up lots more of these delicious looking recipes and I'm sure my family will enjoy eating them!
on 31 August 2015
I bought this for my 8 year old son as he loves baking. He's always helped me when I bake but now wanted to make things on his own. This book is brilliant for him! He can follow the instructions with no help and has had great results. I just help him with the oven. I'd also recommend this book for adults as there are some gorgeous recipes in it!
on 27 May 2014
Really good book, lots of pics showing every step to make it very clear. It is aimed at kids but has lots of recipes for everyone and adults will enjoy them too.
on 26 June 2014
This is a excellent book for baking with children cathryn has put a bit of fun into it the insructions are clear along with plenty of pictures and top tips. The book is set in four sections spring summer autumn winter although all the recipes are good to make anytime some of the recipes included are cheese and marmite helter skelters, brilliant baps and iced buns,anyway you want it pizza,smashing sausage rolls,dippy baked eggs with soldiers and nannys raspberry cream slices. Anyone who watch cathryn in the great british bake off saw her bubbly personality and that comes through in this book. Well done cathryn
on 8 August 2014
This is a really fun cookbook of recipes for baking with children. The instructions are clear enough for my 7 year old to follow, and the step by step pictures help her to feel confident that the recipe's going right. Even my almost 3 year-old boy gets in on the act. Cathryn writes in the same way that she came across on the Bake Off... Utterly likeable and down to earth. I love this book, and so do my children!