5.0 out of 5 stars Great read
Before I say anything else I love reading and when I saw this book I just had to get it. They also have a program called school for stars on bbc. It is very interesting and (I'm 10) it is based for people aged 8-12.

Published 20 months ago by Tikki Graham

3.0 out of 5 stars School for Stars
This book is very good if you like books about friendship. However is can get quite boring at times.

I recommend this book for 9-11 years olds.
Published 13 months ago by Lucy Lou

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: School for Stars: First Term at L'Etoile (Paperback)

Molly and Maria are twins and they are going to a new school called L'Etoile. L'Etoile is a school where talented singers,dancers and musicians go to. They are put in a room with 3 beds and wonder who will be their roommate. They soon find out it is pippa. Pippa's family couldn't afford to pay for her to go but pippa got a scholarship which meant she could go for free. She has a website where she posts her songs she wrote in a shed. Someone from L'Etoile saw her stuff and thought she had musical talent and that's how she got the scholarship. molly,maria and pippa soon became very good friends.

The first years find out they are going to be doing a gala for Christmas on 13th December. Lucifette (a girl from a rich family who wants all fame for herself) makes up a contract pretending its from her dad for pippa. Pippa has no idea why she is all of a sudden getting so nice and gets confused. Will she go get a contract (if there is one) or go to perform in the gala? She eventually decides to got to the contract. Lucifette then steals one of pippas own songs to sing at the gala but pippa really dosent want her to sing it because it was her personal song. But lucifette had already made up her mind. Pippa wished she hadn't lent her the cd with her songs on it. What will she do? She isn't allowed to tell the twins and is in a sticky situation. Read to find out!

I don't know if I explained it properly so I will type the blurb.

'We are the Willoughby sisters and we have a story to share with you about one of the most important things in the world-friendship'
On the first day of term at L'Etoile, school for stars, twins Maria and Molly Fitzfoster meet Pippa Burrows who's won a song-writing scholarship to the school. The talented trio share the same dreams of super-stardom and become best friends. But will their friendship stand up against Lucifette Marcaino's plans to wreck their chances and claim fame for herself?

My review:-
Great book. It is very exciting and very unputdownable with all the little ups and downs. The writing is a reasonable size and the book is well worth the money. One of my favourite books ever if not THE favourite. Must have book, don't miss out!
I hope this review has helped you on your decision as it took me ages to put together. I hope you enjoy your copy, I certainly did! Enjoy!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A mixture of all your favourite childhood reads., 24 Jun. 2013
This review is from: School for Stars: First Term at L'Etoile (Paperback)
Originally posted on Serendipity Reviews.
I'm always a bit dubious about books written by celebrities, but I have to be honest and say I really enjoyed this one. The book is a mixture of all my favourite things that I love in fiction aimed at the younger market.It embraces the retroness of Enid Blyton's Mallory Towers while combining it with the magicality of Vivian French's Tiara Club series and the sassiness of the St Trinian's Girls.

The writing captures your imagination and whisks you off in style to mix with the elite of the show business world. Imagine a school where all the Hollywood celebrity offspring go to and you would have a clear indication of what life at E'toile might be like.The twins Maria and Molly are adorable, yet both stand out individually, with their differing looks and completely different personalities.

Unlike other boarding school stories, they haven't been afraid to embrace modern technology. Maria runs an anonymous blog, where she lets out secrets and gives out advice to all her fellow students. While her sister, Maria, searches the internet for the latest fashions and texts Albie to deliver them once a week.

The book has a strong theme of friendship which runs right through the story. If everyone had friends like Maria and Molly, there would be a lot of happy people in the world.

This book is an easy read and one that could be devoured in an afternoon. I think it is aimed at the older tween but would easily suit an advanced reader in the 7 to 9 age bracket. If your child dreams of stardom and watches The X Factor on repeat, then this series will definitely be ideal for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern day Malory Towers or St Clares, 3 July 2013
S. A. Broadhurst "SBroadhurst" (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: School for Stars: First Term at L'Etoile (Paperback)
When I was younger, my favourite author was Enid Blyton and when I read the Malory Towers and St Clares series I wanted to attend there. I loved the series and dreamt of dormitories and midnight feasts. As my daughter was growing up and also loved books I couldn't wait until I could share the series with her - and she didn't like it! I was so disappointed but when I saw this series by Holly and Kelly Willoughby, set in a 'stage school' environment I was hopefully that this may gain her attention.

As I read this book, the first in a new series, I was impressed with the style of writing. Written by two sisters I was unsure as to if the story would flow -and it does, smoothly. The narrative is occasionally 'interrupted' by a storyteller, who gives the reader ideas to think or thoughts to note, and it was as if someone was reading along with me, and 'nurturing' my thoughts as I read the book.

The series is set at L'Etoile, School for Stars, a prestigious boarding school, which spends half the day on traditional curriculum subjects and each afternoon is spent on 'The Arts'. This book is the first term for the new intake, which includes twins Maria and Molly Fitzfoster. The main event in the term is the end of term performance where scouts and agents are invited, along with the pupils parents, to watch the students perform and hopefully, wow, the audience.

The story is set in modern day and is bang up to date with the twins writing a blog, behind the scenes at L'Etoile - this is a great addition to the story and adds another element where the twins are informed of the possible sabotage to one of the pupils by another of the intake.

I would recommend this book as great for anyone age 9+ who loves stage, performance, X Factor or dreams of a life where stardom is guaranteed.

As mentioned, this is the first in a new series of books and I am looking forward to seeing what sisters, Holly and Kelly Willoughby have in store fr Molly, Maria and their friends next term.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!, 6 Aug. 2013
I loved this book so much!! It is increasingly difficult to put down as such a lot is happening and the characters are delightfully fascinating. When I bought this, I had no idea what it would be like, and I was certainly not disappointed. I would particularly recommend for ages 5-10, although I am eleven and it is appropriately engaging so that it is perfect for every girl!!

5.0 out of 5 stars school for stars first term, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: School for Stars: First Term at L'Etoile (Paperback)
i have only just finished this book and i am in love with it, hope they do some more books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enid Blyton moves into the Noughties, 20 Jun. 2013
What a wonderful read, reminiscent of St Clare's by Blyton, and just adored the story - seeker snippets! We just can't wait for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars From Maddy age 9, 8 May 2014
This review is from: School for Stars: First Term at L'Etoile (Paperback)
I thought this book was a very clever idea especially to have a webpage and how it all fits interestingly into the story.

The characters were all really diffferent and had completely diffferent personalities ..I think i would be Molly because i am a girlie girl :-)

The ending of the book was really good, but without giving it away I loved the plot against Pippa and how it unfolded.

I really liked this book and I recommend it to all girls aged 7-11

I love Stage school stories and think anyone who likes a fun interesting read would love this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read !, 28 July 2013
This review is from: School for Stars: First Term at L'Etoile (Paperback)
Bought for our 9yr old granddaughter - she really enjoyed it. Have pre - ordered next one so she is eagerly awaiting delivery of that one too !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent read, 18 July 2013
This review is from: School for Stars: First Term at L'Etoile (Paperback)
I gave this book to my 7 year old grand daughter who loves reading. This is her first 'grown up' book and she loved it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!, 2 Aug. 2014
This book is amazing!! I couldn't put it down!!
Little girls will love the singing and dancing elements of the book. It pleasingly reminds me of the greatly-respected malory towers but, like i said before, with more appealing elements and aspirations. I recommend this book for most girls from the age of 8 and up as I'm sure younger readers would not understand some of the main events and dilemmas throughout the story.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

School for Stars: First Term at L'Etoile
School for Stars: First Term at L'Etoile by Holly Willoughby (Paperback - 20 Jun. 2013)