5.0 out of 5 stars Nonsense - one of the best loved picture books of all time
Good grief. This is one of the best loved children's books ever published. It is wonderful. This is space given to lunatic, wild imagination, and if a parent doesn't think children enjoy that, well then. Where the Wild Things Are encourages children to escape into the world and do naughty things - it must be a bad book.

I have never known a child who didn't...
Published on 23 Feb 2012 by Anomalous Monist

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor
Published on 13 Nov 2011 by Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars Nonsense - one of the best loved picture books of all time, 23 Feb 2012

I have never known a child who didn't love this book; and I've taught a lot of children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Old Story, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Topsy-Turvies (EARLY READER) (Paperback)
I loved getting hold of this story I used to read to my 18yr old when he was very little, he loved it. I decided to buy it to keep for future grand children. It's a must, highly recommend.
Excellent service, prompt delivery.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 13 Nov 2011
Howard (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Topsy-Turvies (Hardcover)
It's easy to tell a good childrens book from a bad one, and this definitely falls into the latter category, despite the authors clear pedigree. I realise the story is about a mixed up family but as a result, the book also feels mixed up. I agree with the other reviewer's sentiments about sending the wrong messages to children in various places (hey, it's OK to welcome a stranger into the house, it's OK to write on the walls). It's not a particularly appealing book for an adult to read and the illustrations are weak throughout.

It doesn't read well (bit stilted) and is a bit too long. It is nowhere near as polished as it should be. Disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Topsy Turvies, 2 May 2010
Mrs. R. C. Meredith (MAIDSTONE. KENT, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Topsy-Turvies (Paperback)
At first glance this looked like a fun book for my little boy. However, once we began to read I thought otherwise. The family in the story do everything upside fown, back to front or the wrong way round and think everyone else is strange for doing things differently (normal for us!). The part of the book that really made us dislike this is the part where the Topsy Turvey children are drawing on the walls and encourage a little girl they are looking after to do the same. My little boys first comment was 'I can do that' and needed explaining that actually it is wrong to draw on walls unless told to do so (eg on chalk boards etc) We felt this bbok gave children a misguided perspective. ALthough it is good for children to understand that there are other points of view, the fact this book is aimed at very young children I think there are better ways to do it. I have never returned a book to a bookshop before but I did with this one.

The Topsy-Turvies (EARLY READER)
The Topsy-Turvies (EARLY READER) by Francesca Simon (Paperback - 2 Feb 2012)