Format: Hardcover|Change

on 16 March 2014
You must read the other 2 books first but wow. Lauren st John you are an amazing author. This book is emotional and actually has had a change in my thoughts
on 28 July 2015
It was really nice to step back into the world of Casey, Storm and Angelica Smith. Fire Storm tells the story of Casey Blue as she prepares to go for the Grand Slam title and win the Burghley Horse Trials with her horse Storm Warning, and the help of her slightly eccentric but utterly devoted trainer Mrs Smith.

Straight away there's an awful tension in this book. There's a lot of issues going on that just never happened in the other books. Casey is riding a horse other than Storm, and you really miss the special connection she has with him and the uncertainty she has when dealing with Roxy is so unsettling. Mrs Smith's health issues, which we learnt about in the previous book are getting worse and making her sacrifice some time from Casey's training - and her student doesn't even know she's sick.

And then blonde, perfect Kyle West walks in, give three bits of advice and Casey is off to join him in his stables. Obviously, not all is as it seems.

I enjoyed Casey's evolvement as a rider, and it was really great to see her connect with Roxy eventually and want to buy her. However, for me, the sub plot was just very bizarre. I also hate the trope of boy sees girl kissing another boy and doesn't wait five minutes to let her explain (or vice versa).

The ending definitely seemed rather abrupt for me, I was kind of shocked when I turned the page and realised there was no more. I can't help but be disappointed with Casey's decision, overall it was rather an odd one even if she didn't want to compete Storm anymore. It felt like she was kind of throwing away her childhood dreams just when they became an actual reality. It just wasn't extremely well-rounded in my opinion.
on 9 March 2014
This book is the best out of the 3 without a doubt! Brilliant! All horse and or eventing fans should read it!
on 5 August 2014
This book is amazing from start to finish I have to admit they a the most exciting was near the end of the book but there was not a DULL moment my heart skipped a beat when she could have falleN you wouldn't suspect quite a few things in this amazing story if you are going to read the book and you enjoy it please read the other books like race the wind they are extremely enjoyable but i would recommend it to over9 as there is quite grown up words in there which may offend young children
By Charlotte connor aged 11
on 3 June 2014
I LOVE this series. The Story shows that you don't have to win to be a winner but with a gripping plot. The only thing that let this book down was the rushed ending- as it was the third and last of the One Dollar Horse series I felt that the end shouldn't have been so 'brief' and 'sudden'. But this is still an amazing book and Lauren St John is an amazing author!
on 16 April 2014
My favourite book in the trilogy, just a bit annoyed at how it ended. It felt like it hadn't finished and there were some questions that still needed to be answered. Still hoping for a fourth book even though apparently this is the last one!!

I would recommend this book but prepare to beg Lauren St John for another novel!
on 18 March 2014
The children read all the other books in the series and they wanted to get the latest as soon as possible so I ordered it online :)
on 7 March 2014
the best book i have ever read! full of drama and suspense a must buy and definately wont leave you disapointed
on 6 June 2014
This book keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time.I would recommend this book to horse riders who know quite a bit about horses and 11 year olds and older because there is a couple of swear words in there.
on 30 August 2014
I don't read a lot of books - but grabbed one of my daughter's books to read on holiday - the first in this triology The One Dollar Horse - I was gripped from the first page, finished it in a day. The second book, Race The Wind and then this one, Fire Storm were just as good. Totally recommend this triology. The books do need to be read in the correct order and they are all about one horse and its owner - so an interest in horses would probably help. Buy them!