5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie Pluck
I'm reading this to my class of Year 5 children and we are all really, really enjoying the story. Alfie lives with his two aunt's who haven't been very kind to Alfie but when he runs into a chicken, his life begins to change. It's really well written with some fabulous, larger than life characters.

The book is written in a similiar style to Roald Dahl books...
Published on 30 Sep 2010 by Grumpy Teacher

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
This was a book group selection and not one I enjoyed. I know it's for a younger reader, but not sure if it would really appeal to a wide audience of tat age group either. I was not alone in my assessment in our group.
Published 10 months ago by Wenmarking

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie Pluck, 30 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Incredible Luck of Alfie Pluck (Paperback)

The book is written in a similiar style to Roald Dahl books but that's not a bad thing is it?

I highly recommend this book to teachers, mums and dads looking for a bedtime read and Y4, Y5 and Y6 children looking for a good read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 29 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling!, 13 Mar 2013
-SUMARY
This book is about Alfie who is 11 years old and is tormented by his fat, lazy and ugly aunts. He has no escape from them what so ever... That is until he eats a lucky chicken containing the highly sought-after LUCK GENE.
He finally escapes his aunts and as LUCK should have it, escapes every chance of being caught by the police, Prime minister and THE WORLD.
Everyone wants him for their devious, crackpot schemes to take the luck gene for themselves. Alfie is officially ON THE RUN.
This is a fun, exciting adventure of a rollercoaster of GOOD FORTUNE AND BAD. Can he make it?

-REVIEW
I loved this thrilling, exciting book. It is what I would call one of the funniest book I have ever read about a boy eating a lucky chicken. It was well thought and planned out and a completely bonkers story with many twists and turns along the way.
I especially liked the aunts, who are the most evil people ever described to me. This book is great and I love the idea of putting a lucky chicken in the story. It's a unique and different idea compared to all of the children books, and the best thing is, adults would enjoy it too!

-RATING
I am giving this a 10/10, and would definitely recommend it to anyone.
I guarantee that you would love it and there is NO flaw in it what so ever. I love it and I hope you like it too. I think Jamie Rix is a genius! I hope this review was helpful.

Review by: Brigid Vincent

5.0 out of 5 stars A very unlucky boy, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Incredible Luck of Alfie Pluck (Paperback)
This book is about a very very very unlucky boy who eats a lucky chicken and then becomes a very very very lucky boy my favourite part is where the scientist says how he created the lucky chicken and how a fox nearly ate it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing, original and funny, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Incredible Luck of Alfie Pluck (Paperback)
I bought this for my nephew but read it first. Engrossing, original and funny. The only bit I didn't like was the closeness they came to cutting Alfie's head open to eat his brain. Maybe kids are less squeamish but it seemed a bit too real and could be scary for a young child.

4.0 out of 5 stars Harrys homework reading., 12 Mar 2014
He will be ordering again soon. He certainly has enjoyed reading this one. It's so easy to, and arrives next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent reading, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Incredible Luck of Alfie Pluck (Paperback)
my son loves to read and this is a highly amusing little book that kept him happy for a few evenings

The Incredible Luck of Alfie Pluck
The Incredible Luck of Alfie Pluck by Jamie Rix (Paperback - 29 April 2010)
5.59