4.0 out of 5 stars great
Published on 25 May 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Odd book
Odd book. They go up and down and up and down for excersize - thought bedtime books should be relaxing?
Published 5 months ago by Hayley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 25 May 1999
By A Customer
Me and my husband have been reading this book to my 5 month old daughter ever since the day she came home from the hospital, she just loves the book so much. We made the mistake of leaving it at grandmas house,(who lives out of state) and that night she wouldnt go to sleep, so we had to go out the next morning and barrow my sisters book that she bought for her children, so she would go to sleep !!! She loves the book soooo much, and if you want a great bed time story, pick this one !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great favourite, 14 Nov 2004
Mrs. C. Parkes "carolineparkes" (Northamptonshire, England) - See all my reviews
This was the first item I ever bought from Amazon, when my daughter was a baby. She's now nearly five and still loves reading this book nearly every night. Its about a boat full of animals and their nightly routine. Its rhyming style and engaging characters have really captivated the family, we all know it by heart! I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 16 Feb 2005
By A Customer
This is one of my daughters favourite books and mine. She is now 15 months and recognizes some of the actions. The animals are all livley and colourful. A really good fun read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very rhythmic, 13 Jun 1998
By A Customer
My son and I started reading this when he was eight months old. It is just short enough to keep his attention span interested, but the rhyme helps him learn to love his books. (Also short enought to memorize in case you lose it for a day under the couch!) A must for baby's bedtime routine.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bedtime book I know...., 26 July 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Going to Bed Book (Board book)
A motley crew of animals on an ark get ready for bed. Despite being entertaining for the parent to read, the rhythm of the text is calming, and by the last verse, where the animals on the boat 'rock and rock and rock to sleep', my little one is nodding too. We love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent "calming down" book for getting someone to bed, 30 July 1997
By A Customer
We have been reading this book every night for the last year as our 21 month old son goes to bed. He continues to enjoy the pictures and act out the story. This includes brushing teath, putting on PJs and climbing into bed. The final stage of turning out the light makes a wonderful end for a day.

Our only moment of panic caused by the book was when we forgot it when we left on vacation. Fortunatly we know it by heart.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock and rock and rock to sleep, 21 Aug 2009
A lovely book which my 22 month enjoys and it gives the appropiate it's bedtime messages. We both love to rock together on the last page before he lies down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit TWICE now!, 28 Nov 2010
Jill Maclaren (Des Moines, Iowa United States) - See all my reviews
We got this book when our son was born nearly six years ago, and read it to him every night the first 2+ years. Even though he grew into much older books by that point, we still finished with this one every night because he loved it so much.

Our daughter is now 7 months old and loves it equally as much as her big brother. Every night a massive smile breaks out on her face when she sees the front cover, and she loves trying to 'grab' the pictures. The cutest part, though, is her big brother reading the book to her, word perfect, still happy to have the story himself even now.

I buy this for all my new mommy friends. It's sweet, it's lovely, it's cute, it's just plain wonderful. I can't sing its praises highly enough!

4.0 out of 5 stars Receptive, 13 Sep 2007
My daughter (1.5 yrs) managed months on this book. Her collection of Sandra Boynton books have grown rapidly and most are worth the buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bedtime story ever, 22 July 2012
My 2 year old daughter absolutely loves this book and so do I. It's a little bit silly but not enough to create hilarity when it's bedtime, it's short, well illustrated and a lovely ending. My daughter can be heard over the monitor saying "they rock and rock and rock to sleep" even though the book is no longer there. She has memorised it already and it is favourite bedtime book, who am I to argue!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Going to Bed Book
The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton (Board book - 28 Aug 2012)