4.0 out of 5 stars Steve is the star in a rushed, balanced biography
As an avid tech news fan, and Steve admirer, I couldn't wait for the release and quickly finished the book in two days. Steve, not Isaacson, is the shining star and his life makes for a fascinating story regardless of who is telling it. Steve's accomplishments, boldness, twists and turns, wisdom, intelligence, abrasiveness and intuition all contribute to intriguing...
Published on 26 Oct 2011 by Tp Mayne

3.0 out of 5 stars Mildly disappointing
After so much hype, I was really expecting a riveting read here but Apple followers will be a bit let down. The first two thirds of the book cover (obviously) identical ground to iCon (the previous comprehensive biography) and really don't add anything to that. The remaining third is really a whizz through the years of triumph without a lot of the juice, especially in...
Published 11 months ago by Fonaweb

‹ Previous | 137 38 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 8 Dec 2011
One of the most exciting autobiographies I've read. Wonderful narration by Walter Isaacson, keeps you engaged and shows you so many more sides of Steve Jobs. It explains what different shades this incredible enigmatic personality had and what makes him stand out of the crowd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing man, amazing book, 8 Dec 2011
This is a very well-written, and eminently readable, autobiography. I could not put it down - for two days, I was unresponsive to questions and requests from my family, so immersed was I in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Extraordinary Man, 10 Nov 2011
Tyler (Milton Keynes, England) - See all my reviews
My brother owned a LC575 back in 1980s.

He then never think of buying any other brands of computer.

Steve Jobs has been with my family since and we admire him... even more now.

'''''''Thank you Mr Jobs,for painting us rainbows.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing book for an amazing guy, 5 Nov 2011
Patricia Dearing "PA Dearing" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as a preorder, it arrived just a few days after its release in great condition. I'd recommend this.

1.0 out of 5 stars fully authorized, 15 Dec 2011
this book is propaganda in a very simple form :
the author is not really interested in his doing, and the output is nothing more than fully authorized propaganda.

if you want to know about Steve Jobs, read instead :
"Icon Steve Jobs: The Greatest Second Act in the History of Business" by Young and Simon.
Apple Computer removed all of the titles published by John Wiley & Sons from its retail stores to protest this book, they knew why.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 20 Nov 2011
nice book . it arrived on Friday. it is good .i am vrey like it . but it is too heavy. i love apple . i have ihpone 4S and touch 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Still reading it, 16 Nov 2011
Leonard Yu (Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark) - See all my reviews
I am still reading it. I can't tell you much about the content but the book feels nice in quality and it is very light compared to the size.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, 25 Oct 2011
Arrived on time and very well packaged. Excellent price and beat all other sites and retailers. Would highly recommend purchasing from reviews I read before purchasing myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dark, troubled man......, 22 Nov 2013
Since a young age I had known about Steve Jobs, from his diary, hiding in the bathroom in school during the late 70s, and ultimately his tragic death during a blazing row with Bill Gates. But until recently I had not read the diary. I had been read extracts from it but never picked it up and read it from beginning to end. If I try to think of reason behind why it took me so long, I fail to think of one.

I started reading on Tuesday and quickly found myself in a state of being half surprised. Growing up, though knowing it was non-fiction, and had actually happened, I only ever really read fictional books so a part of me imagined reading the Diary would just feel like reading a rather realistic fiction. What took me (oddly) by surprise is how aware I was of the fact that it is a Diary. It wasn't at all like the `realistic fiction' I imagined when I was younger. This I discovered quickly, and thus made me hang on every word.

Another thing I noticed early on was Steve's sense of humour, which I didn't expect. There were entries that not only made me smile, but if I was with someone, they'd notice I was somewhat amused, and I would then read them what I found funny.

"I was being discussed and they decided that I'm not completely stupid after all." - 21st September, 1999.

I'm aware of how odd, if not disrespectful, it may sound, laughing at the Diary, considering the situation he was in. But don't get me wrong, it wasn't laugh out loud funny. Steve wasn't telling a joke, he had a very subtle sense of humour that really wasn't obvious. You could see it was present though, in the way certain comments were worded.

1.0 out of 5 stars steve jobs, 7 April 2013
V. disappointing as i had ordered this book twice for my sons bday present. The first order was cancelled by amazon as being in bad condition. it was nearly new. so on re-ordering the second arrived on time for his bday only to reveal it was written in FRENCH.... i couldnt believe it. now he has no bday present after all that!

‹ Previous | 137 38 39 | Next ›

Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson (Audio CD - 10 Sep 2013)
10.40