5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
i love that this is the same story as beautiful disaster but from his point of view you find your self connecting with both characters because you read both of thier stories i have read them twice and now think all writers should follow suit! i would recommend these books!
Published 14 months ago by nikki

3.0 out of 5 stars A great standalone... A not so great sequel
**Contains spoilers (but you're fine if you've read Beautiful Disaster)**

"When the pain went away, I would always play, and I would always fight. Hard."

Published 15 months ago by Natalie

3.0 out of 5 stars A great standalone... A not so great sequel, 24 May 2013
**Contains spoilers (but you're fine if you've read Beautiful Disaster)**

"When the pain went away, I would always play, and I would always fight. Hard."

This book was... okay. If it was a standalone novel, and not intended to be read following Beautiful Disaster, I would probably have been much more impressed than I was. I honestly didn't expect much in the first place, but Walking Disaster was pretty disappointing, mostly because of how, to be blunt, lazy it was.

The dialogue was exactly the same. The situations were exactly the same. I felt that McGuire failed to add anything new to the story, and my only thought when I finished it was that I may as well have just read Beautiful Disaster again. What I expected was for the majority of the book to centre around the times when Travis wasn't with Abby, so that we could see another side to him, so that the book would be different, perhaps even with another sub-plot thrown in there. What I got was a simple retelling, where the author didn't even bother to rephrase things so that it read differently.

Beautiful Disaster:
I couldn't hold back the smug smile that crept across my face.

Walking Disaster:
A smug smile crept across her face.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Am I the only person that doesn't think this is okay, that the book should have a little more substance than the first, if only to keep it interesting? Parts of the novel were also left out, such as when Abby leaves Parker to go to Travis's fight. I would've liked to have read that part from Travis's perspective... But no. All I got was a book full of his feelings for Abby, identical to the first, with the odd extra chucked in where he buys a ring, or something like that.

As lazy as it was, and as disappointed as I was, I'm still giving it 3 stars, purely because it's a good standalone. I might've given it 4 or 5 stars if I hadn't read Beautiful Disaster. I'm also not going to rant about the plot (like how Abby complains for the entire book about wanting to slow down and then PROPOSES AT THE END, or how psychotic he is when he kidnaps her from the Valentine's party and forces her into his apartment), because, as unrealistic as it is, I did actually enjoy Beautiful Disaster, and anybody who reads WD A) knows that Travis is basically crazy, B) is familiar with the plot, and C) probably picked up this book because they love Travis, and so my attempts to complain about him will be lost on anyone who decides to read this. But what I will talk about are the parts that aren't covered in BD.

Like the prologue and the epilogue. I really, really loved the prologue; it was so unexpected, and added more depth to Travis's character, which I didn't expect at all. I've never seen a book (or even part of one) that is written from the perspective of a three-year-old, and so because of that, I was impressed. Well done, McGuire. The epilogue, however... was annoying. And unrealistic. Again. Even if they were still together (which, okay, it could happen), what are the chances of her figuring out what he does!? She's not some super genius. It was just as though McGuire was trying to add things to make the readers go "aww", but that really doesn't work for me. I would've much preferred a more realistic conclusion. But oh well.

What I will admit is that Travis seemed less crazy in this book, and it made him much easier to understand and relate to. The tears were a little bit pathetic, but I would recommend this book to anyone who would like to understand him better - just don't expect an entirely new novel, as I did.

**Thank you to the publisher for supplying this book in exchange for a review**

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 9 July 2013
Worth a read!
Took me 2 days to read, could not put the book down!
Read beautiful disaster as well

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
If you loved Beautiful Disaster, you will love this! i found it awesome Being in Travis’s head was way better than Abby’s

5.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyed this book!, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
I read beautiful disaster last year and could wait for this book to come out and I wasn't dissapointed. Although you know what's going to happen it's still gripping reading it from Travis's point of view. Diff worth reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
There betta be another one i love this book soo much i also loved the first one from abbys point of view

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
I read this within 2 days. Couldn't stop reading because I wanted to no more, very catchy. Easy to read

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Travis POV, 26 Jun 2013
I loved it. Read it just after I finished BD.
It is the same story, so of course it can sometimes feel like reading BD Again.
But it's from Travis point of view, and i found that a lot of questions got answered from reading it.
I could read this book (and BD) Again and Again.

Let's just say it like this, Jamie definantly got the "male POV" right. It was both funny and a Little sad in some ways.
LOVED IT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely read, 24 Jun 2013
M. Arnold "Blue Ice" (England) - See all my reviews
The first book is Beautiful Disaster, a lovely story that left you wanting more, so when I found out that Walking Disaster was a follow up I couldn't wait to read it. I would recommend it, but have tissues ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
Well worth a read a being put on my to reread list. Will recommend to family and friends. Loved it so much.

Walking Disaster
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire (Audio CD - 2 April 2013)
25.60