5.0 out of 5 stars loved by my daughter
My daughter read this in two days and loved it. She is now desperate to read bks 2 and 3 when they are published. I would highly recommend it for an able reader, the book includes illustrations and doodles like a real diary. My daughter kept reading funny bits out to me. It's good to see a book bring so much pleasure to a young reader.
Published on 26 Mar. 2010 by PD

3.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries
I think this book is a good read.
It was hilarious. I would recommend it to the pre teen girls.
Published 21 months ago by Gracie

5.0 out of 5 stars loved by my daughter, 26 Mar. 2010
PD (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars dork dairies, 23 Aug. 2012
dork dairies is dairy of whimpy kid girl style i only read jw books but my cousin (8 yrs) said these where good books and 2 try em so i did

its good this book BUT try a sample 2 c if u like it

reviewer: Sarah Scott (10 yrs and 10 months)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries, 1 Feb. 2010
Jenny, Wondrous Reads (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Paperback)
I'm nowhere near the target age for this book, but I absolutely loved it! It's such an enjoyable read, with very funny dialogue and brilliant artwork, which is drawn by Rachel Renee Russell herself. While reading Nikki's diary entries, I cringed, I laughed out loud, and I relived a few of my own disastrous school days as a 14-year-old. Traumatising, I know.

Dork Diaries chronicles Nikki Maxwell's experiences at a new school, through notes, daily diary entries, doodles and drawings. Her embarrassing stories are there for everyone to read (and see!), as well as her feud with mean girl MacKenzie and crush on budding photographer Brandon. Her new best friends Chloe and Zoey -- self-confessed bookworms -- are great supporting characters, and provide Nikki with some much needed life advice.

Russell has her writing spot-on when it comes to her target market, with lots of teen slang, believable scenarios and contemporary references. Oh, and anyone who can make a poem ('The Biology of my Heartbreak') about a dead frog make me laugh for ten minutes deserves a comedy award. Of course, there's room for improvement: more character development, less use of capitals and no algebra problems (eurgh!) would be top of my list, though these minor complaints are nothing to write home about.

As the front of the book says, it's Diary of a Wimpy Kid for girls, but it also reminded me of a US version of Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging. It's almost as funny, and definitely just as awkward. I loved the format, I loved the artwork, I loved the story, and I can't wait for Dork Diaries: Party Time, which is published later in the year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries - my review, 16 Aug. 2013
I enjoyed the book . It was inspiring and funny . I recommend it for teenage girls (11-14) . Explains the difficulties of secondary schools .

3.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries, 8 May 2013
I think this book is a good read.
It was hilarious. I would recommend it to the pre teen girls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries, 5 Jan. 2013
I read the whole series in 3 days, I was glued to it!
(I'm a fast reader too!)
Eventhough I am probably too old for these books, I would recommend
them to any 9-14 year old girl!

5.0 out of 5 stars most epic/awesome book ever, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Paperback)
This is one of the most epic books that was ever written. The story is so exciting and there is always something happening that is enjoyable to read. Its about a girl named Nikki Maxwell who is kind of a dork who has always wanted a phone and one day she expects that she is getting one but she doesn't. By surprise her mum gets her a diary to write in and she writes about her life at her new school where she finally makes some real friends but you will have to read it to find out the full story. I would recommend this book by far. you should buy this and the other books In the series of dork diaries so BUY THE SERIES!!!

These are some of the other dork diaries books that are written by Rachel Renee Russell.
Holiday Heartbreak
party time
dear dork
skating sensation

4.0 out of 5 stars fun reading! Bridget jones for kids!, 19 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Paperback)
My daughter who is 9 really enjoys reading this series...I think it's all a bit silly but maybe a Bridget Jones for young girls! light reading is still reading so she can keep on reading!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries, 19 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Paperback)
Dork Diaries is the best book I have ever read. Even if your not interested in books or if your not a big reader you will just love this book.It's just hilarious.
It's all about a girl who isn't the popular one infact she has no friends and a total dork, until she finds two girls who become her bffl's. She doesn't get much from her parents and her little sister is a pain.Once you read this book you will want to read all of them.So I definitely think you should buy this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment!, 28 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Paperback)
Ok, so the first book in the dork diaries isn't exactly a gripping novel that will be your favourite series. However, it gives a great read and you will love it for any rainy day. The price is cheap and you will find it hilarious! Ideal for someone who just wants to laugh! The main character, Nikki, can be easily sympathized with and you will find yourselves gasping for breaths after ridiculous laughter!

Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (Dork Diaries)
Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (Dork Diaries) by Rachel Russell (Audio CD - 28 Sept. 2010)