Published on 5 Aug 2011 by Tina

3.0 out of 5 stars inspiring but a little repetitive
Published on 17 Aug 2010 by hughie

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! A must read to anyone who wants to improve their life!, 5 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Power (Hardcover)
The Power is amazing, I have read The Secret too but highly recommend reading both. I have found the book has made a positive difference to my life. My outlook is even more positive than it was before. I really do believe that there is more to life than the day to day happenings and the reason why we are here makes so much more sense now! We all have the power to have everything we want in life, we just have to be grateful for what we do have, be happy for others, believe in receiving what you want and just wait for it to all happen. Read this book if you are fed up with being negative and always feeling like your life is a hard grind! The book makes you realise that life is not meant to be a hard grind, you don't have to work your a** off doing something you hate to get everything you want, your circumstances can change, you are not meant to be stuck in a rut, you should be living a life where you have everything you ever wanted or dreamed of. You just have to believe in yourself and know that you are worth it. Don't let other sceptical people put you off this book and others like it, they are obviously too absorbed in their day to day life to stop and look at the bigger picture, the universe and creation! Keep persevering and your wishes will all be granted! Enjoy the book and enjoy life!!! : )

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing CDs, 18 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Power (Audio CD)
There are 5 CDs looking at different areas of life. The positive message given is uplifting and inspiring and if you put into practice what is said it is absolutely life changing. I bought the book after listening to the CDS but for some reason - possibly Rhonda's own voice on the Cds- they make more impact. So if you are not sure about which to get I would recommend getting the audio book first on the CDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, thought provoking and uplifting, 9 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Power (Hardcover)
Having read the secret and watched the DVD, I decided to buy the power and not regretted it for a second.

Although at times it can be a little repetative, in all honesty if it wasn't, I would probably have missed the point and not taken on board what the concept was.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book and shall be reading it again. I have also bought teen power for both of my teenage children and am currently awaiting delivery of the gratitude board and book.

I cannot recommend these books enough, they certainly make you consider how you are living your life, and where you feel you would like your life to go. I thought I was following the concept after reading the secret, but then realised that I wasn't actually believing enough the enormity of what is possible, hence I have now altered that thought.

Persevere, it takes time but it is really worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars positive thinking, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Power (Hardcover)
This book is amazing if you want to understand the laws of the universe and positive thinking towards life. The mind is made up of two natures positivity and negativity. The negative part of us tends to have a much deeper grip on us leading to fear, anger, jealousy, anxiety etc. As humans beings we live most of our lives in negativity, and a small amount of positivity. This book teaches us how to harness positivity and change the way we approach and see things in life, as well as getting the things we want in life by creating a positive frequency. The mind is a powerful tool but can sometimes get trapped in unnecessary emotions, emotions are natural, and life is a learning process in which we learn, survive and evolve as human beings. This book has been nicely written and love the colourful illustrations. but I would like to say that positivity does take time to harness and you do have to work at it, but you will see your life change for good.
I personally enjoyed reading this book and recommend everyone to read it, its basic but its straight to the point, and is really good for beginners to understand the laws of attraction of the universe.

Just incase anyone is interested in another good read, read the A common dialogue with god, written by Donald Neale Walsh, it is a beautiful book if you are interested to understand what this life journey is about.

hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Power (Hardcover)
i purchased this book nearly a year ago. I find that it is a life saver to me, I read just a few paragraphs a day which gives me enough inspiration and drive to tackle the world. I suffer with chronic depression and ME and this helps me get through the hard times. Thank you Rhonda.

Update:
I have now finished the book, as read only small parts at a time. And I must say I feel a changed person. Some reviews and comments that it can get a little repetitive. I personally feel that the repetitiveness was excellent for me. Its firmly planted in my head.

This book is definitely in my top 5 books. I will refer back to this book, if I happen to feel on the negative side.

Hope this has helped you.

4.0 out of 5 stars New beginnings, 30 Jun 2012
Gwynneth - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Power (Hardcover)
I bought this book and didn't expect it to be anything but repetitive, which it is, BUT it has "hit home" that love and forgiveness go hand in hand. Repetition is necessary to emphasise the message that the author wants to put across to the reader because most people reading this book are searching for some form of help with their lives.
If you are grieving for a lost love, be it through divorce or bereavement the best way to move on is to love yourself, but more importantly to pass love and gratitude on to other people no matter what has taken place previously if there has been friction or misunderstanding.

The person you have "lost" doesn't know how you are feeling, whether it be with anger, heartache, grief, revenge etc, so why waste time and effort in being negative.
Let it go,; you are only hurting yourself, so be positive by sending loving thought processes, or even getting in touch with no recriminations (that will surprise them!) and wish them well with their lives. In this way I have, with the help of this book changed my life around and as a result feel calm, more balanced and ready to move on with the next stage of my life and have no anxieties about what my ex-husband is doing with his life.

It is my future that counts and that is only possible due to The Power of this book helping me to give love, smile more readily, sleep better and think more positively about life; grateful that I have lovely friends who have stood by me through a tough time of my life. Now I can repay them by giving back the happy friend that they thought they had lost and show my love and gratitude.

It is a POWERFUL message and one can read this book all the way through, or select the chapters that are relevant to yourself.
Criticism of the constant repetitions; the same statement said but using a different adjective, verb, adverb to get the point over became less irritating as I absorbed the true strength of the text.
Thank you Rhonda Byrne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 17 May 2011
E. Owen - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Power (Hardcover)
Having bought and read and followed The Secret, this follow up is even better!
It is more straight forward than the last book and so far I have put it into practice and its worked!!
Not a light hearted read but a must if you're a fan of The Secret and into positive thinking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring read, 23 April 2012
This review is from: The Power (Hardcover)
It is a little difficult for anyone to review - save from their own personal perspective - a book of this kind. In the early 90s I read the books by Florence Scovel Shinn - written decades before, and therefore this "Secret" The Law of Attraction - has been out there a very long time and can hardly be described as such. However, the essence of Rhonda Byrne's message is correct - you do attract to you negative and positive things by the dynamic of your own wavelengths and energies - what you give out. I can think of people who seem to, for no definite reason, get areas of their lives wrong repeatedly; and also patterns concerning problems in health and love and so on. You wonder what attracts these things to the person again and again, but it is undeniable fact that yes, they do seem to draw down such things for whatever inexplicable reason. I'm sure people who might read this can think of such examples in either their own case or in that of friends or family members. Likewise there are people you know who, over and over, seem to land on their feet like cats every time something appears to go against them - and come out on top. They lose a job and hey, they land a better one - or their girlfriend or boyfriend walks out on them - and they find someone who suits them far better. Part of the problem with many of these self-help books etc... and certainly with at least the first part of the DVD I saw about The Secret, is that they are so preoccupied with material riches and how they can be attracted to you - I think such specific requests and possibly underlying greed cannot be something that benefits people in the long-term. The fact that so many of these metaphysical books play on greed is, to me, a negative aspect when you are applying a philosophy. Riches should be part of a collective good but not something specific to request in itself; although obviously remaining debt-free is a blessing all of its own! With a Christian perspective, one can see where the element of "belief" comes in. I think at some point when He's healed someone Jesus indicates that the person has healed themselves - because that person had belief that the healing would happen. And that is the value that lies at the core of this book - no matter whether you come at it from a religious perspective or not. Your spirit working with the natural laws of the universe - the laws of God if you are a believer - and in that belief/trust/gratitude - you will find an answer for your hopes.

In the balance I would say that The Secret and it's related material, is a good thing - let's face it, if you approach life in a positive spirit it's undeniable that good things and good people will be drawn to you. You may not end up fabulously rich or married to George Clooney but a happy spirit alone is a pretty good reward in itself, is it not?

3.0 out of 5 stars inspiring but a little repetitive, 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Power (Hardcover)
There are parts of this book which are definitely inspiring. It certainly makes you feel uplifted and creates a positive attitude, so that you feel stronger and more equipped to face the difficulties in your life. Rhonda Byrne helpfully reminds us that we have much more power than we think, and shows us how easy it can be to change ourselves and our lives for the better. However, The Secret benefitted from the input of a host of other authors, whereas here Rhonda Byrne tends to become a little repetitive. After a few chapters you feel you're reading the same thing expressed in slightly different ways. There isn't a massive amount of psychological insight either - some of the advice on how to harness the Power seems a little simplistic. For a more fulfilling and inspiring book, read Back to Sanity by Steve Taylor, which is one of the best books I have bought from amazon Back to Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much different from The Secret, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Power (Kindle Edition)
Having read The Secret and lived by it, I expected 'something new' from The Power, however, it's just the same message, only with 'love everything' added...

If you haven't read The Secret, it'll be a useful book, if you have, I don't think it'll add much...

The Power
The Power by Rhonda Byrne (Audio CD - 17 Aug 2010)
Used & New from: £6.97