5.0 out of 5 stars Aspiring astronomers please note
I've just finished reading this wonderful, comprehensive review of the world of refracting telescopes at the present time. As a telescope owner it has given me ideas on how to upgrade my existing instrument to get much more out of it. It's a pity that a paperback book like this is so expensive, but I don't suppose there are economies of scale to be made.

Bill...
Published on 29 Dec 2011 by William B. Samson

3.0 out of 5 stars I need to grow into it.
This is an excellent book.

I bought it to help me make my first choice of a refractor telescope, and as a complete novice I found it good but a litle overwhelming - I never realised it was such a complex subject!

Published on 6 July 2011 by zooma

5.0 out of 5 stars Aspiring astronomers please note, 29 Dec 2011
William B. Samson (Dundee Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Choosing and Using a Refracting Telescope (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series) (Paperback)

Bill Samson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Jun 2014
Great information with practical examples. The Author had big experience with a lot of refractors and wrote lots of reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Information, 15 Jun 2011
Neil English has produced an informative and very useful guide to the way that refractors are designed, and how best to make use of the different types. His descriptions are sufficiently technical to facilitate understanding, but not so technical as to overwhelm the lay reader. An excellent read!

3.0 out of 5 stars I need to grow into it., 6 July 2011
This is an excellent book.

If you already have some knowledge of refractor telescopes and understand all of the technical terminology then I am sure this book will be a "breeze" for you to read and enjoy.

For me as an absolute beginner to astronomy and telescopes it is a very helpful reference that I will keep on my shelf and refer to it for many years to come, and as I "grow into it" and understand more it will become an ever more usefull point of reference.

24.99