1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for ALL Food Safety Professionals, 14 Nov 2012
As a food safety professional for the last 10 years, it has always been my duty to educate and prevent. So many times I have became irritated from the repetitive discrepancies food/production facilities continue to attain, when I know very well that they know what is acceptable and what is not. Reading Mr. Frank Yiannas's book (3 times now) really lays out the issue at hand. Even though technically it is not a "how to" book....if one can read in between the lines and apply an innovative mind, you will see that it is a "how to" guide. This book has helped me design process recommendations for a project I worked on in my Master's program. It awed my professors (in which I had attained the best process recommendations they had seen in the program) and it has changed the way I saw things as a food scientist. We must find a way to change the consumer's behavior if we want to see a positive change in universal food safety. In the future I hope that social science and food science can be linked....it needs to be! Thanks Frank for an impacting, yet easy-read. For sure will remain part of my book collection for years to come. This is a must have for all food safety professionals!