Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 September 2012
I found this book incredibly helpful when writing my dissertation regarding a similar topic, the information is clear, concise, thought-provoking and really easy to read. It covers a diverse range of issues relating to engagement with fathers from different backgrounds, fathers of children with SEN and also includes ideas of how to go about effecting this positive change within the early years setting. Since the role of 21st Century fathers is considerably different from those of 30 years ago, the early years sector is beginning to reflect this change. However, this book reveals that fathers generally continue to be sidelined within early years services which contradicts the inclusive approach which most services are legally obliged to deliver.

This book really made me think about my own practice as an early years practitioner and how I can strive to improve professional relationships with the fathers of the children I care for. I found it so useful, I also provided a copy to the setting where I conducted my undergraduate research to support my recommendations.
on 24 February 2014
This is a useful resource that all health and educational practitioners need to work to this!

I would recommend it be used to train everyone who works with children and families.
on 24 March 2014
Great book! Nicely structured, easy to read :) great for anyone who is interested in including fathers in their services! Or just including fathers at home.
on 14 July 2015
very engaging book that explains a good few ways of how to encourage more dads to attend family and children sessions
on 15 April 2015
Great book for assignment. Content is relevant. Some pages were not cut properly and I had to tear them open.