5.0 out of 5 stars pimp your lessons
I really love this book. Its a great fun read and makes loads of sense. Although for mainly for secondary level , its ideas can be easily adapted to any lesson. A popular book with my friends, they need to buy their own!
Published on 6 April 2009 by D. Mcintyre

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
From reading reviews I expected this to be a brilliant book. While there are one or two useful pieces of information, overall I found it not to be something I would not recommend. I think advice such as bribing children with chocolate and removing the badly behaved pupil for an observation is horrendous advice! Does not promote inclusion and is it any wonder Ofsted now do...
Published on 12 Jun 2011 by Shay

5.0 out of 5 stars pimp your lessons, 6 April 2009
D. Mcintyre - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars SSssshhhh!, 2 Oct 2009
Fiona J. Holt "Tired Teacher" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Hide this book from the senior management team of your school and use the ideas to dazzle them when being observed or 'dropped in' on! Filled with top tips, I found the sections about afl, differentiation and delivering ICT content (when you have no access) particularly useful. It's a book that we mere minions should keep to ourselves. I've used some of the ideas and found them really helpful even when not being observed. A book that I'd definitely recommend to any teacher regardless of length of service, but do us all a favour - don't tell the management!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the buy for secondary and FE but need to check the index/contents for primary, 31 July 2014
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I work in a special secondary and I'm a Head of English, I'm also Head of Drama and I co-teach History in a double GCSE with Drama. Alongside this I always have maths ever present in my schemes of learning/medium term planning and I develop cross-curricular activities in the plan (as much as I can) to allow the students favourite subjects to appear within their least favourite (mine!). Therefore this book was great. I can see all secondary teachers finding a use for it and if your subject doesn't explicitly appear then everything is adaptable. I've found activities that I link well when we're doing cooking within English (linked to the novels), art, English, maths, geography and history (to name a few). I'd have loved this book when I worked in mainstream teaching and I'm sure there's a good use for FE as well (more under 20s but I'd have still enjoyed them at Uni!!). For primary there's still plenty of use but I do think it settles more within secondary. Obviously with the recent removal of levels some ideas need to be done behind the scenes but it is still good. I'm using it to help focus my new planning for the new national curriculum and hopefully within there the accolade of "outstanding" may happen. A great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A first class first, 15 Oct 2007
C. A. Barron Smith (England) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent and very useful book. From first dipping into it, I thought it was a compulsively good read. A superb catalogue of really helpful advice. Accessible and practical. A refreshing look at how to prepare, survive and enjoy inspection / observation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me a glowing report for my first assessment..., 25 Nov 2009
As a PGCE student, I unashamedly implemented all the recommendations in the book, resulting in a great first official observation my by Uni

Basically, I did everything the book said, and got a rave review.

A quick read, packed with advice which, for me, really worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pimp Your Lesson, 6 Sep 2009
RK (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
A good book to have at hand. Lots of ideas and food for thought. Easy to read and entertaining at times. Bella obviously knows her stuff as much was familiar. Have already started reading/using it. Go on - treat yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, wish I'd known of this book years ago., 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Pimp your Lesson!: Prepare, Innovate, Motivate, Perfect (New Edition) (Paperback)
This is required reading, easy to dip into the bits you want straight away without skimping on quality. You dip in but it's so good you want to carry on reading. Can't recommend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pimp....., 11 Dec 2013
Good info, but as an experienced teacher there were several things that I have been doing for years - an excellent way for an old stick in the mud (like me) to get up to date with the latest developments in teaching - especially when you are too busy BEING a teacher, marking, assessing, reporting.....blah blah blah

5.0 out of 5 stars Pimped!, 18 Oct 2007
Darryl Colman - See all my reviews
This book is a must have for all teachers, being relatively new to the "trade" I decided to pick this book up because Ofsted were darkening the door of my school and I was desperate. I read it over the weekend and was able to use its ideas in all three subjects that I teach. It's witty, charming and very approachable (as books go!). Plus the inspectors seemed impressed with me so I'm impressed with the book. big thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the title put you off!, 6 Aug 2014
Max (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
Stupid title and dreadful cover, but was recommended by a colleague and it is indeed an excellent book, full of excellent ideas.

Pimp your Lesson!: Prepare, Innovate, Motivate, Perfect (New Edition)
Pimp your Lesson!: Prepare, Innovate, Motivate, Perfect (New Edition) by Isabella Wallace (Paperback - 5 July 2012)
16.99