5.0 out of 5 stars SSssshhhh!
Published on 2 Oct 2009 by Fiona J. Holt

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
From reading reviews I expected this to be a brilliant book. While there are one or two useful pieces of information, overall I found it not to be something I would not recommend. I think advice such as bribing children with chocolate and removing the badly behaved pupil for an observation is horrendous advice! Does not promote inclusion and is it any wonder Ofsted now do...
Published on 12 Jun 2011 by Shay

5.0 out of 5 stars SSssshhhh!, 2 Oct 2009
Fiona J. Holt "Tired Teacher" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Hide this book from the senior management team of your school and use the ideas to dazzle them when being observed or 'dropped in' on! Filled with top tips, I found the sections about afl, differentiation and delivering ICT content (when you have no access) particularly useful. It's a book that we mere minions should keep to ourselves. I've used some of the ideas and found them really helpful even when not being observed. A book that I'd definitely recommend to any teacher regardless of length of service, but do us all a favour - don't tell the management!

5.0 out of 5 stars pimp your lessons, 6 April 2009
D. Mcintyre - See all my reviews
I really love this book. Its a great fun read and makes loads of sense. Although for mainly for secondary level , its ideas can be easily adapted to any lesson. A popular book with my friends, they need to buy their own!

5.0 out of 5 stars A first class first, 15 Oct 2007
C. A. Barron Smith (England) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent and very useful book. From first dipping into it, I thought it was a compulsively good read. A superb catalogue of really helpful advice. Accessible and practical. A refreshing look at how to prepare, survive and enjoy inspection / observation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me a glowing report for my first assessment..., 25 Nov 2009
As a PGCE student, I unashamedly implemented all the recommendations in the book, resulting in a great first official observation my by Uni

Basically, I did everything the book said, and got a rave review.

A quick read, packed with advice which, for me, really worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pimp Your Lesson, 6 Sep 2009
RK (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
A good book to have at hand. Lots of ideas and food for thought. Easy to read and entertaining at times. Bella obviously knows her stuff as much was familiar. Have already started reading/using it. Go on - treat yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, wish I'd known of this book years ago., 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Pimp your Lesson!: Prepare, Innovate, Motivate, Perfect (New Edition) (Paperback)
This is required reading, easy to dip into the bits you want straight away without skimping on quality. You dip in but it's so good you want to carry on reading. Can't recommend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pimp....., 11 Dec 2013
Good info, but as an experienced teacher there were several things that I have been doing for years - an excellent way for an old stick in the mud (like me) to get up to date with the latest developments in teaching - especially when you are too busy BEING a teacher, marking, assessing, reporting.....blah blah blah

5.0 out of 5 stars Pimped!, 18 Oct 2007
Darryl Colman - See all my reviews
This book is a must have for all teachers, being relatively new to the "trade" I decided to pick this book up because Ofsted were darkening the door of my school and I was desperate. I read it over the weekend and was able to use its ideas in all three subjects that I teach. It's witty, charming and very approachable (as books go!). Plus the inspectors seemed impressed with me so I'm impressed with the book. big thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Aug 2009
J. Walkley (UK) - See all my reviews
I am a student teacher and I bought the book cause the front cover looked interesting, something different. It is great for explaining about lesson plans and all the essential aspects that should be in them. It also has some good ideas, hints and tips to keep the children motivated during those ten minutes when everyone finishes there work early and your fed up handing out those same old word searches. This book definitely holds your hand all the way whilst writing out your first lesson plan-and once you have the template saved on you computer i would be amazed if anyone went back to there scribbled notes. Definitely worth buying for anyone unsure what a perfect lesson plan should be like!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 30 Nov 2013
Fantastic book! Really easy to read which is a refreshing change in comparison to the majority of books about teaching which are usually dreadfully dull and difficult to understand. Has a lot of great ideas for starters, plenaries, how to plan your lessons, how to work in AiFL (assessment) into your lessons and lots of other handy tips! Useful for anyone who is about to go on placement or be observed!

Pimp your Lesson!: Prepare, Innovate, Motivate, Perfect (New Edition)
Pimp your Lesson!: Prepare, Innovate, Motivate, Perfect (New Edition) by Isabella Wallace (Paperback - 5 July 2012)
Used & New from: 11.41