on 12 October 2010
I am an avid fan of the author's food blog and so this book came to mind when I moved into a smaller place with limited space to cook. Other than finding so many other uses for my humble rice-cooker, I also found many recipes that either demystify traditional favorites (like sesame oil chicken, Korean bibimbap, mapo tofu and hot & sour soup) or creatively combine unlikely ingredients together in a whole new way (think Asian paella, pasta with pak choy and lychee chicken). The recipes are just like the ones Tigerfish always shares in her blog - simple-to-find ingredients, easy steps and delicious results!
on 18 November 2010
This is a very good book! A wide range of recipes all for a machine with one button. What I like about cooking in the rice cooker is that there's no immediate fear of burning, and yet it doesn't require the long wait of a slow cooker. Good for people who like no-hassle cooking and yet still want to cook real food, instead of opening a frozen packet. I haven't tried everything in the book but I plan to!
on 12 December 2014
Well, the cover of the book looked very nice at the time of the order and prompted that there may be more pictures by the recipies. But, you'll be suprised, there are none. Literally, plain text! ) Very unusual and boring and doesn't motivate you to try anything. 1 out of 5 for this.
on 8 April 2014
At the time I purchase I thought it was a good idea, by the time it arrived I had given up eating all grains and gone Paleo for life and quality of life.... the book is now better than I expected as I use my rice cooker nearly every day and never cook any rice!
on 1 May 2014
I loved this cookbook and it pairs really well with the Crockpot Rice cooker that we recently bought. I love the fact that it addressed the cookers that allow you to sauté before cooking rice. I have tried a couple of the recipes and of course, love having various cuisines represented to try. We love different ethnic foods, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Indian, etc. and there are a lot more recipes that I will try in here.
on 7 August 2011
Would recommend this book if you purchased a rice cooker to cook a range of foods and like to experiment etc. I bought to make purely rice dishes, of which there are few. Definately check out the preview option on amazon or google books and check the contents page for a full run down of options to see if you like "Chicken" dishes, "Egg" dishes, "Pasta" dishes etc etc. Will be keeping as a reference for if I feel experimental one day but ingredients lists for most dishes are quite long too - Summary: If you're a good cook looking to get stuck into your rice cooker, its a good buy, for those with simple rice dish ambitions, spend [] quid more and get the "ultimate" rice cooker cookbook one, as I have done. A very good cook book none the less.
on 30 March 2011
I never wrote a review before and i have not finished to read the book yet but I want already to praise this book immensely. It is very well organised, well written, with lots of cooking tips, but what I find more interesting is the discovery of how many different dishes you can cook with a rice cooker. Everthing seems so easy and everything seems so inviting. I own lots of recipe books, I have a remarkable collection and I think I can recognise a good recipe book when I see it. This is one!
on 21 July 2014
Terrific Book Ideal partner for Rice cooker
on 17 November 2013
Very dissappointed, I have a small rice cooker without a see through lid ( not a cheapie) just for one and did not like any of the recipes
on 15 January 2015