5.0 out of 5 stars Zen tangle
A well presented book loved it and have purchased as gifts as well as for my own use. Would recommend.
Published 9 months ago by caroann

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly disappointing!!!!
I have a lot of books on Zentangles I love books of art and design, but I totally regret buying this book without viewing it first.
Published 15 months ago by Nicola Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly disappointing!!!!, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Zentangle Untangled Workbook: A Tangle a Day to Draw Your Stress Away (Paperback)
In a Zentangle book, I am looking for interesting creative designs which are inspiring, and give step buy step instructions to enable me to explore and experiment with designs and I like Zentangle work books for this reason, but this is not what you are truly getting!!!
This book is 127 pages of next to nothing.
You only get 5 designs in this whole book which is step by step!!!!
The complex ones which give you dimensional work are there just for show including the medallion shape ones, no help or instructions.
What you do get is pages of pages upon pages and more pages of empty small squares, plus several empty circles. The squares are just under 2.5", the circles aprox 2 1/4" in diameter. The complex designs are drawn on larger tiles same with the medallions, most of the tutorial designs are drawn on the smaller.
I counted aprox 403 empty tiles including a few empty medallions, who needs OVER 400 empty tiles in a book, oh and if that's not enough, the last 3 pages exclusively pictures of more empty tiles!!!???
This book advises you practice your whole 5 tutorial designs in a sketch book, so there really is no need for over 400 empty tiles. Maybe 1 page of squares and another circular which you could photo copy would be great but not over 400 that's totally ridiculous as the rest of the book really is not a tutorial book!!!!
The complex designs were not inspiring and there were no tutorials to help you learn and create them.
There are much better cheaper Zentangle books on the market. I'm going to donate mine to my local library as its not worth the limited space on my book shelves.
Very very disappointed!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars A drawing workbook is not effective on a kindle, and any images illustrating colour theory are not useful, 21 Feb 2014
Bought this in error, not realising I was on the kindle version's page. Not a success - the workbook suggests you "draw directly onto the page" - clearly not possible. The chapters on the use of colour, supposedly with colour illustrations to explain the points, can't be properly followed. A good deal of the book talks about subtleties of shading - these don't appear to show up at all well on the greyscale kindle pages (which I normally love).

However, it is a "52 week course" - and I can see that if you are travelling, but don't want to drag a large workbook along, it might be useful for a few days just to have the basic text explanation of what that week's exercises were supposed to be......

5.0 out of 5 stars Zen tangle, 4 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative publication, 24 Feb 2014
Sensibly the customer could examine some example pages of this book to get an idea of the style before buying, and I'm well pleased with the course Kass Hall takes through the pages.

4.0 out of 5 stars Taken by surprise, 4 Oct 2013
My first impression was that it was too simple for me.......but my goodness how wrong I was. I am enjoying the challenge it gives me immensely. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unravel!, 1 Oct 2013
I love this book in particular as it teaches how to do these tangles. At first glance I thought how on earth do they do that, but once I started it was easy. It takes you through step by step and and is very relaxing and enjoyable

The Zentangle Untangled Workbook: A Tangle a Day to Draw Your Stress Away