5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read for all young guys looking to become men, 22 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Art of Manliness Collection: Classic Skills and Manners, Timeless Wisdom and Advice (Paperback)
I decided to purchase this book on the back off reading Art of Manliness website and listening to a selection of podcasts.

Part tips guide, part philosophical guidebook, the collection makes for a nice compliment to each other. In the 'Classic Skills' book, you are taught a good number of common sense manners relating many of the new experiences you'll face as an adult (i.e. dinner parties, dating women etc).

Couple that with social media advice, relationship tips, and general helpful things like how to jump start a car and you have a really nice well rounded guide. I'd be surprised if any man couldn't learn at least something from reading this book as it really is well researched, well intentioned advice. At no point is it preachy, or patronising to the reader, and I found it very welcoming. I also found the inclusion of old time words a nice and humorous addition.

The 'Mannovationals' book is a contrast from that and really gets the grey matter working. I've only really begun flipping through it, but I really enjoy it.

With Christmas coming up, I would definitely suggest this if you have a young man in your family. I think visually it looks a bit childish, but the content is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift., 3 Jan 2014
D. Garden (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Got it for my 16 year old nephew for Christmas, wish I had got one myself. Great bundle, with some amazing tips. Happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some proper instructions on how to be a (gentle)man, 3 Dec 2013
Bjorn van Sinttruije (Ridderkerk, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
The diversity of the knowledge presented in these books is amazing and very useful. It covers everything from starting a fire to the symbolic meaning of flowers. If you feel you are ready to grow up, man up, or become a more manly (in the traditional sense) gent, then you have to get this set. It makes for a great gift as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiffing, 11 Feb 2013
Robert of Northallerton (Northallerton, North Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
An amusing and acceptable gift for a young man that needs to know how Chaps should behave.
Bob of Northallerton says: Spiffing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every man should read this, 20 Dec 2012
I purchased this for a friend and ended up getting another for myself.

Lots of good information and tips to being a better man. It'd not reinventing the wheel just reminding us of things we may have forgotten.

You can pick it up read a section and put it down again. It doesn't have to be read in one shot. That's part of the reason I like this collection. Buy one for any man you know and he's sure to be happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful collection, 22 Oct 2012
The art of manliness website is a wonderful place for people who want to follow the values they
grandparents did. Now, The Art of Manliness collection summarizes all the knowledge that is elementary
for a wanna-be gentleman. The quality of the box, the books, the layout, the language, everything is
just cool, a perfect gift to everyone, especially husbands and sons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Common Sense advice for all Young Gentlemen out there., 5 Sep 2012
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
To be honest I picked this up as a little bit of a joke between me and my Brother in Law who insists that his son (my nephew) should have Dinosaurs or Car's on his T-Shirts. So when I came across this book from David and Charles I really thought that I'd hit pay dirt, firstly for a joke but secondly as it seemed to contain nuggets that my Dad missed out for me. (I now know how to fold my suit hanky.)

Yet when I read this compendium of books I was surprised at what was contained, it was written from a common sense point of view, had easy to follow guides and whilst a lot of it was stuff that you knew in the back of your mind, other traits that seem to be missing from modern life were present. For example etiquette that seems to be missing from many teenagers today.

All in, this book was not only engrossing but also something that helps you become a better person in yourself as you get the track on how to behave and act when in the presence of a lady (a hard earned lesson for most people) as well as how to make the most of yourself. Finally add the quirkiness together with the presentation and all in for me, this collectable is something that a great many people can benefit from. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read and great source of knowledge and amusement., 12 Jun 2012
A. Hunter (Inverness, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I ordered this a long time ago and after waiting a long time for it to arrive, I can safely say it was well worth the wait. The box it arrives in is sturdy, looks good and is perfect for storing them. The books themselves cover a wide range of topics, but all in relation to how you can behave in a more manly and gentlemanly way. Some of the stuff is common sense, but has sadly been forgotten by most of society, the rest is amusing and informative. I find myself laughing whilst reading this but I can safely say that the way I behave will alter after reading this book. This will make a perfect Father's day gift or perhaps for a friend who is getting married or about to have his first baby, a tongue in cheek gift for your son as a gentle nudge towards what you hope to see him become or just a subtle hint to a boss who could use a personality adjustment. No matter who reads this, it shows them that not only they, but also their life and those around them can be better.