5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, engaging and Full of goodness
Published on 24 Nov 2011 by realityarts

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite interesting
Interesting interviews, a few art samples - I'd have liked to have seen a lot more art to be honest. It's a good book though, and may spark a few ideas.
Published 9 months ago by Mrs. S. C. Jefferson

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, engaging and Full of goodness, 24 Nov 2011
This review is from: Art Saves: Stories, Inspiration and Prompts Sharing the Power of Art (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I have brought in a long time. I am totally blown away by the work Jenny Doh does anyway with her courses and website with so much excellent information, when I heard about this book I knew I had to order a copy. As soon as it came I poured over the pages. The artists come from all walks of life, and share how the creative activity is an important part of their life. What I wasn't prepared for was how much they actually shared, each giving a mini lesson with instructions for working in their favourite material, and I am still working through the generous lessons. They share words of wisdom for your journey and ways in which we can impact on our own community and use art to tell our own stories.

For me Art definitely Saves, I'm sold, I will buy the t-shirt! If you are thinking about getting this book I suggest you go ahead, you won't be disappointed, from photography, mixed media, assemblage pieces, digital art, fabric and more.... there is so much colour, and examples of the artists work for you to be inspired and let your own creative voice be heard!

4.0 out of 5 stars ART FOR THOUGHT, 22 May 2013
LOVELY QUALITY BOOK - not only full of inspirational ideas but also coffee table book for flicking through and reading short snippets of thought provoking words

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite interesting, 28 Dec 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, 25 Jun 2013
if you are looking for in depth explorations of artists methods then this book is not going to give you what you are looking for. It is a quick overview of a range of mixed media artists and a few step by step how to do projects. It's okay but a bit bitty for me.

Art Saves: Stories, Inspiration and Prompts Sharing the Power of Art