Format: Paperback|Change

This book is as bright and colourful as Tula's fabrics. In it you will find 20 projects, 10 large quilts and 10 accessory sewing projects including a few pillows, a stylish shower curtain and sleeping mask.

The quilts & projects are divided into 3 categories: Story Telling Quilts and Projects, Colour Block Quilts and Projects and Haiku quilts and projects. I particularly love the Grand Salon quilt which allows you to showcase those fabrics you have which are just too beautiful to cut into small pieces.

One of the things I like about this book is that Tula shares her advice on fabric selection, and colour matching at the start of the book. It can often be hard to decide which fabrics will work together well so I found this part useful. There is also a good techniques guide at the start too.

This review also appears on The Sewing Directory.
on 29 July 2012
This book its fantastic for anyone looking for modern vibrant and quirky quilts and related projects, a must for any tula pink fan.
on 25 January 2013
Pretty book with some lovely photographs, but personally I did not feel inspired to make any of the quilts in it. Maybe it is for the more experienced quilter who wants to do something different from the traditional samplers.
on 27 March 2012
I bought this book because I wanted to have a go at quilting and the picture on the cover really inspired me! Tula Pink fabric is fantastic and the way she pieces makes me want to do all of the projects in the book. The book has shown me how to put colours together and whilst I've not been able to get any Tula Pink fabric I think I've got a selection to make my quilt rock. The book is straightforward and easy to use.

A word of warning though if you're new to quilting like me. The quilts are huuuuuuuge and I didn't have any fabric to start with so have been buying specifically for the beanstalks quilt. I have been buying material when I can afford it over the last month or so, I have the 6 prints, the green and I thought to save money I could use an old white tablecloth to add a bit of texture and make it mine. I have yet to buy the backing and material for the binding.

I have just discovered my tablecloth isn't big enough (You need 5m of white fabric) so I've been online to price some up and this quilt is turning into a pretty expensive project I can tell you. The fabric I've bought so far has cost me £65. I now have to buy some white fabric as well as the 5.5m material I need for backing and binding. This is going to cost me another £100!!!!!

They are lovely designs and having now properly looked through the book at the other quilts, the meterage of material is fairly similar for each one. I am not buying expensive material and I was so excited when my prints arrived, not everyone has their own fabric range to hand to make super huge quilts. My project has now been shelved until I can afford the rest of the material.
on 10 February 2013
Hands up if you like Tula pink ;-) a good "little" book for her fabrics she is a great new designer and we can't wait to see more of her works ;-)
on 26 September 2013
This is a book with easy to follow instructions and beautifully illustrated.
The fact that you could use up all your small pieces of fabric but still produce
A thing of beauty is a bonus
on 11 February 2013
Great quilting book with loads of good ideas and new projects.I Iike it. Will recommend it to my fellow quilters.
on 21 February 2014
I loved this book. Such pretty designs and choice of fabrics.Just encourages me to make more quilts for my friends and Family.
on 16 January 2014
I book this book for a friend and she loved it...I know that she will make every project in this book...beautiful stuff!
on 19 August 2015
A lovely book full of modern quilt designs written by a brilliant designer and quilt maker.