5.0 out of 5 stars Detailed instructions, great projects
When I opened this book I found a 2 page spread of images of bags that are in the book and fell in love! Fresh modern designer fabrics are used and the image showed several bags I would love to own. There are 12 bag projects in the book with full size pattern pieces provided for each. You also get several pages of instructions and colourful hand drawn diagrams plus...
Published on 30 Dec 2011 by Sewing Directory

3.0 out of 5 stars Some great bag ideas, it just needs slight updating.
This book has great illustrations to help complete the bags step by step. The descriptions are easy and clear. Some lovely ideas although in my textiles bag project with my year tens, none of them favored the bags that were within this book, and therefore could maybe do with a little adaptation to recent fashion trends.

The templates that come with it are...
Published on 24 Nov 2012 by dani_t

4.0 out of 5 stars So far sew good!, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sew Serendipity Bags: Fabulous Bags to Make and Love (Hardcover)
Nice book with a variety of bags. I am following the instructions for the across the shoulder bag and this is the first bag I have made. The patterns are in the back of the book and full size, the instructions are clear and broken down into each step with good diagrams, there are also in-depth techniques with clear photos at the beginning of the book to refer to as you go along. I would recommend this book as I am new to sewing having recently bought a sewing machine and only tried very simple things so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Feb 2014
A brilliant book, excellent instructions & patterns included, what more could you ask? It wouldn't be difficult to scale things up or down either if you wished. Fantastic ideas beautifully & clearly presented. Hitting the fabric stash as soon as possible. . . . .may even need to buy more! :-p
Biggest problem I am having is sourcing the bag components, eg handle rings (sometimes something a little fancier than a D ring is nice) & strap sliders. Is it easier in America or is it assumed we Brits just don't want to make these things?

3.0 out of 5 stars New to sewing, 10 Nov 2013
Bags look great, but I am just a beginner to sewing and some of the patterns were very difficult needed help from a freind. But when completed they look great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bags.......love them, 14 Oct 2013
I just love books about bags and this one is one of the better ones. I can't wait to start on them, but it is the same old problem!! Which one do you do first?

4.0 out of 5 stars Bag Lady, 2 Aug 2013
Haven't started with this yet but I have looked at the patterns and there are definitely some that I will attempt even though I am a novice

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous!, 18 Jun 2013
When I bought this book, I was a sewing newbie. All I had was a good sewing macine, and a wish to make my own bags. It absolutely helped me on my way! The backpack and the laptop bag have been great successes, and I have actually even made presents for friends and family out of these two designs. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely patterns for innovative bagmaking, 6 Jun 2013
I haven't started the process yet but am inspired by the drawings and easy to follow instructions. Save a fortune and be unique

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Book! Have made lots of lush bags!, 12 May 2013
This is a truly useful book, fairly clear instructions, although a beginner may find some tricky, but the chapters are clearly marked in ability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book., 6 May 2013
I really liked this product, I totally recomend it.
I hope the author can make more books like this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Serendipity Bag, 22 April 2013
Very nice, clear instructions, Just right for my neice who has become very interested in sewing, Good to pass on these skills to young people

Sew Serendipity Bags: Fabulous Bags to Make and Love
Sew Serendipity Bags: Fabulous Bags to Make and Love by Kay Whitt (Hardcover - 28 Oct 2011)