Format: Hardcover-spiral|Change

on 8 November 2011
Got it out the library first (as I wasn't sure about the picture on the cover) and ordered it immediately as I loved it so much. I am a fairly experienced sewer but still found the book useful. Loved the colours and patterns used and this has given me the confidence to be a bit more bold with my colour choices. Patterns are included in the back for all the designs which makes the the book particularly good value. Although I'm not huge I found that being a little apple shaped I had to use XLarge for waist measurements but this has worked out ok. have made skirt and tunic and am about to try one of the gorgeous jackets once i can find some fab material!
on 4 January 2013
i got this as a christmas present . its a lovely item with beautiful inspiring pictures and easy to read guidance for happy sewing. i recommend it.
it came with a full set of patterns. going out right now to get some fabric!
on 5 December 2013
Generally this book covers the same skirt in different layouts.
But if you are new to sewing it is a great book to get used to patterns and working with different fabrics.
on 23 June 2016
This is ok for what it is. All instructions are well written and it is a good star-out book if you are new to dress making. The patterns are a little "older" though.
on 30 August 2015
Lovely patterns and easy to follow.
on 27 September 2013
Very disapointed in this book. Especially since I read so many good reviews.
The made up designs look very home sewn - and not in a good way. 'Re-made' but without any sense of style. If, like me, you love the Japanese pattern books you will be very disapointed! I have not made up any of the patterns however, and perhaps with different fabrics and less 'frills' they might be ok.
on 21 May 2013
Lovely pretty patterns allthough perhaps a bit young for me, I will make some of the skirt patterns but the tops are a little fussy. Nicely presented book
on 2 September 2013
Great book , highly recommended especially for the patterns inside, patterns are for summer dresses but can adapt to Autumn /winter too.
on 19 August 2013
This looks original and individual without being fussy...can't wait to make projects from this....especially the skirt on the front page
on 7 January 2014
A present for my daughter who likes to make things and she loved it .She made several things for us and for charity stalls.