5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing first book in a new urban fantasy series
Dead On The Delta is the first UF book in a series by Stacy Jay and features 28 year old med school drop out Annabelle Lee who lives in a town called Donaldsonville in Louisiana and works for Fairy Containment and Control. She is a troubled woman who has had a difficult life. She is also an alcoholic who can't sleep at night without popping her sleeping pills...
Published on 14 Aug 2011 by Claire's Book Corner

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish.
I bought this book because the inside preview showed it was written in the first person, which is my favourite style, and seemed to have an unusual storyline which sounded promising.

Big mistake. The storyline is unusual but I found it very boring. The "heroine" is a totally unlikeable drunk, who has a great lover but humiliates herself pining over the last...
Published 15 months ago by ImReallyAnElf

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting first book, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Dead on the Delta (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book on spec when it showed up in the ~ other people bought this section.

This can always be a bit hit and miss but in this case I was very impressed bothered was good characterisation and e world that the author has created interesting and takes a bit of a different view on post apocalyptic worlds.

While the book has a strong female lead she, unlike many female leads is not necessarily someone you would like. Whole you have sympathy for plight you also have to wonder wheth you actually like her.

There are some interesting twists and turns in this book and I am looking forward to the next in the series - where hopefully we will see the world and it's characters evolve

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, after a rocky start, 31 Oct 2011
Fren (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead on the Delta (Mass Market Paperback)
At first I thought I had made a bad mistake, a whiny drunk as the main character did not seem very promising. Then I got hooked and I could not put this down. Every time I thought I knew how things were going to end it twisted round and kept me intrigued right to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look over your shoulder, 19 Oct 2011
Bookaholic (Huntingdon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead on the Delta (Kindle Edition)
As I had not read this author before I was pleased to find that I could not let go of this story. A good read. Every so often a book comes along so different from what you normally read and you get involved from the first sentence. There was a touch of wry humour, bitter sadness and despair,Magic, dysfunctional characters but the main character really wanted to make a difference and to fight for what was right despite all the hangups. Would I read the next in the series then yes I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars My oh my, 18 April 2013
Margaret Charles "jennywren" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead on the Delta (Kindle Edition)
Please please don't change your style or originality....please don't chug out books too quickly so they lose the sense of totally new and fresh writing.....and most of all keep on going to keep this slightly jaded reader a happy bunny :)

Dead on the Delta
Dead on the Delta by Stacey Jay (Mass Market Paperback - 19 July 2011)
5.21