Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 June 2016
I am a huge fan of Maddox, and have followed him for quite some time.
I am also not a huge fan of children, so this book was brilliant for me.
Another brilliant piece of literary history by the man himself!
(If you are easily offended, please do not buy this book)
on 10 November 2011
This is a very funny and acerbic book. The artwork inside is a brilliant parody of childlike drawings and the biting comments are a highly amusing satire of the way children can be overpraised.

This book has been a long time coming, with many teasers appearing on his site. Much of the material is new and while it does contain the original drawings that started this particular ball rolling, there is a lot of new work here. You get a lot for your money.

As funny as "The Alphabet of Manliness," but longer and therefore better.
on 20 March 2013
There comes a time in a parents life when, even though you know the picture your child has given you as a 'present' is terrible, the thought that they loving took time to create such an abomination for you fills you with love and appreciation.

It would seem that Maddox has no such inhibitions. The blunt honesty in his words releases a guilty part in us that would rather like a picture so beautiful, the years of stress seem worth it.

Que a constant stream of snickering from any parent who reads this book.Yes, the comments can be cruel, and yes, sometimes they may even shock you: but only because you find yourself agreeing. This is well worth the asking price, for the enjoyment it will give you.

*Note: The Kindle version does not 'fit' ideally into the screen, meaning some odd timing for page-turning and some strangely positioned pictures, but this does not take away any enjoyment for the content.
on 8 November 2015
Just awesome. I know it mighg be cruel for some people to laugh of this, but just found hilarious his comments. Now everyone wants to read this book at my work. Just brilliant.
on 28 September 2014
Fab book, great quotes and lots of funny stuff.. For that little bit different something.. I'd recommend it.. I love it & so do my friends x
on 23 August 2014
Hilarious book! I read it in a few hours and some of them made me laugh hysterically! Even mum had a read.
on 22 October 2013
This was a gift for my (adult) son but it made me laugh so much I have added it to my own wish list
on 2 January 2015
I can't get past a few pages without nearly peeing myself. Very funny book indeed.
on 19 December 2015
What is there to fault about this book! Its just so funny!
on 26 August 2015
Very amusing and at times brilliantly inappropriate!