5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
I have pined for this book since I first read the blurb. I wanted it so much I visited Jennifer's website for teasers and/or extracts twice a day, every day. So you can only imagine the excitement and the height of expectations I hold for Forget You!

My judgment in five words: Jennifer has done it again!

Forget You is a delicious and a bewitching...
Published on 12 July 2010 by Dwayne @ Girls Without a Bookshelf

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment
After reading 'Going too far' by the same author I was incredibly disappointed by 'Forget you' I found that the plot was trivial and boreing and the characters shallow and the story was predicable.
Published on 14 Aug 2011 by drstgrl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 12 July 2010
Dwayne @ Girls Without a Bookshelf (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Forget You (Paperback)

My judgment in five words: Jennifer has done it again!

Forget You is a delicious and a bewitching romance, with a bucketful of sexual chemistry between an endearing heroine searching for answers and a seductively sexy hero who holds the key to it all. Complex, hugely addictive and ultimately mersmerising, Forget You is an unmissable treat! I found Forget you to be more emotionally-charged, whereas Going Too Far is more psychologically defined. I love love love them both!

Zoey and Doug are both charming characters, brought to life with their respective fears and insecurities. The complexity of their personalities and the demons that shape them - Zoey's family problems and Doug's past - opens the ground for a richly developed set of protagonists. Between Zoey's problems and partial amnesia - forgetting such a consequential night - and Doug's own concerns, they evoke sympathy from readers without forgoing their relatability. I love how Doug is immediately introduced and is prominent in the narrative - I'd like to think that as Zoey's subconscious being extremely aware of him. Around them, secondary characters are equally loveable, with flaws that reflect the imperfections of humanity. Between them, a disarming connection with each other that shatters their defenses.

And I have to add that Doug is unbearably sexy. And sweet. And cute. With or without crutches. Oh heck.

Undeniably, Zoey and Doug are sultry in their own right and are scalding together - the sexual tension between them have reverberated throughout my entire reading experience! Their romance I found was built on an attraction that has long been denied; each attempt at turning away from each other only leads to taking a step towards each other. The contrast between their relationship and Zoey and Brandon's are glaringly obvious, but with a different feel.

Sexy and full of surprises, Zoey and Doug's relationship takes root from a shared past and blossoms to an enchanting tale of of searching and finding. Each of their shared moments are addictive and special, and oh-my-God, so searingly sexy, unmasking qualities of they would not have otherwise discovered in each other. Emphasis here on searingly sexy.

The also setting is adds to the dreamy pair - the lull of the sultry beach in inescapable and welcoming. The unravelling of the twists in the plot is heart-stopping and delivered in short, surprising bursts of revelations. Not to mention that structure of the narrative mirrors accurately Zoey's thoughts and the extent of the the effect her partial amnesia has on her life, especially on her relationship with Brandon and with Doug. And the ending - I wish it was longer! I know I might sound terribly selfish - because even though Forget You is not yet released, I am ready for a sequel!

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Forget You (Paperback)
The story in a nutshell is: Zoey has a car accident but she remembers nothing about the night itself. The only person who seems to have any idea about this is mysterious Doug who seemed to hate Zoey before but now doesn't? Wasn't really sure what was going on there? Zoey needs to find out what happened to her that night while pretending she hasn't forgotten.
I found Zoey incredibly infuriating and at most points in the book I really wanted to slap her. She had some odd ideas about her 'boyfriend' Brandon and her 'best friends' Lila and Keke, what was going on there?They were the typical stereotypical high school twins, they were also very bad best friends, in fact it was only about halfway through the book that i realised they were fiends at all.
I found the whole plot about trying to find out what happened at the party was really predictable and odd, I guessed what had happened straight away while it took Zoey the whole book to work it out.
The wierdest thing about the book for me was when Doug is sitting there with Zoey and suddenly says 'I can see into your future....' If anyone understands what that is about please enlighten me. As this is only mentioned in the book once i couldn't understand whether it was meant to actually have any relevance to the story or if the author just decided to drop this randomly into the story. If so, i dont know why as as i said it was not relevant at all.

I would recommend 'Going too far' instead of this book as I found it a much better read, however I would recommend that if you did want to read 'Forget you' you borrowed it from the libary or someone else rather that buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wont forget this book, 26 May 2011
This review is from: Forget You (Paperback)
I hate to say it but I really wanted to slap Zoey. I don't think I have ever been so annoyed with a character for a long time now but others on the same line as her would be Ever Bloom and Bella Swan. Two female characters who annoy the hell out of me. After not acting like herself and sleeping with Brandon, the hot football player, she assumes he is her boyfriend, without even saying about this to him. It's all she goes on about for the majority of the book and I really wanted to scream at her `He isn't your boyfriend!'. What annoyed me the most about this is that how many girls just assume this after sleeping with someone? Especially someone who tells you all of his girl problems and how he likes to sleep around/ not be tied down? He obviously isn't the boyfriend type so I don't know why she thought this in the first place.

Even though she annoyed me, I still ended up feeling a bit sorry for Zoey. At the beginning of the book, it is clear that she is having quite a hard time, with her father getting a younger girl pregnant and her mother having a complete breakdown. I could understand why she acted out a bit and did a few crazy things which were very unlike her. Throughout the book, Zoey does change quite a lot and that was something I was glad to see. At the beginning she was pretty shallow, being all about being perfect in every sense but this doesn't last too long.

Now Doug on the other hand, I absolutely loved. He doesn't have the best reputation and no one really knows a whole lot about him. Mysterious bad boy at his best. I wanted to know more about him instantly. Even though he had the whole mysterious thing going, it was clear that he had a softer side, especially when it came to Zoey. Considering she didn't treat him very well, I couldn't understand this completely until the story began to expand. He slowly becomes a completely different person but one I loved just as much. He also isn't perfect for Zoey which was different for a contemporary novel. He says the wrong things, does the wrong things and completely messes up at times but because of his faults and mistakes, I loved him even more. It made him more real.

The mystery of what actually happened the night of the crash was great. I was never altogether sure what had happened and even though I had a few guesses, it wasn't revealed until quite near the end. The way Zoey pieces together what happened that night is paced just right. Nothing is revealed too quickly but little things are hinted at the whole way through. Not being able to remember something as big as being in a car crash must have been extremely scary so I could understand why she freaked out about not knowing. I would have been terrified if that had been me.

What I love most about Jennifer Echols' books is how real they are. She doesn't shy away from the fact that teenagers drink, they party and they have sex. The teenagers in her books are very real and easy to relate to because of this. Also, even though this is a YA novel, it is extremely steamy. I'm talking steamy to the point where I needed to cool down a little bit. For anyone who has read this book, I'm sure you will understand which part I am talking about. For those of you who haven't, be excited for chapter 12. This being said, these scenes are done tastefully and without taking them too far. There was just the right amount of description and action happening and the chemistry was amazing.

So even though Zoey annoyed the hell out of me, this book is still all kinds of awesome. Never have I come across a YA author who is able to write teenagers so perfectly and is able to add in the reality of what they get up to without taking it too far. Each book I read by this author makes me love her even more and now, I can't wait to get my hands on something else by her. Jennifer Echols' writing is gripping, fresh and needed in the YA genre. You will not be able to put this book down!

1.0 out of 5 stars Easily forgotten may contain spoilers, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Forget You (Kindle Edition)
This was really not what I expected I am a huge fan of echols but I feel robbed ... I felt that this book was rushed . It hardly made sense at times for example Doug saying he can read the future ... then with no further explanation the story continued . the character zoey was infuriating main main problems with this book...I was screaming at zoey to just get a grip and that sleeping with a guy doesn't automatically mean a relationship and her urgency to lose her virginity was childish and immature. I wanted to slap her father .. he walked out yet this whole problem was zoey? And she doesn't question ? Zoeys character was spineless . The whole drama was not that dramatic her mother has bipolar that's it ! . Doug doesn't tease her at school unlike the blurb suggests there in no teenage angst...the characters Doug and zoey are automatically in love without actually having a conversation... the whole plot seemed UN realist these are just a few things that annoyed me . I love u echols but please don't rush about her book

1.0 out of 5 stars Gutted I wasted a gift voucher on this rubbish!, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Forget You (Kindle Edition)
I read this book based on the majority of 5 star ratings. Turned out I must have read a different book!

I haven't been so disappointed with with a YA book since I read "Strange Angels", by Lili St Crow. It's fair to say that I haven't read any other books by this author, but i am stumped as to how she became a Times bestseller.

The writing was jarring, stilted and unrealistic. Zoey was supposed to be spoiled, but there was no evidence of this. Her father went out of his way to be mean to her, for reasons that are never explained. At times she also seemed somewhat intelligent, however I felt like I was reading about a character with special needs mostly. She kept up the internal and external mantra that she and Brandon were dating, when all they did was have sex in his car one night after a summer of him crying on her shoulder about his conquests. Which brings me to the sex scene. This was supposed to be a 17 year old girls first time. But there was no description of the pain and awkwardness of it all.

I really didn't like Zoey, which is a,shame because the basis of the story could have been great with a little more romance, angst and better writing.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: Forget You (Kindle Edition)
GREAT !!! :D UM I THOUGHT IT WAS A TOUGHING STORY!!! I LOVED IT I COULDNT OF ASKED FOR MORE !!! I LOVED DOUG I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM EVEN THOUGH HE IS NOT TRUE ...

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 12 Nov 2012
This review is from: Forget You (Kindle Edition)
Plot didn't develop as I would have expected - given what the plot summary said. Didn't really take to the main characters at all. I'm not sure I'd pay the money for another book by the same author.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought..., 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: Forget You (Paperback)
I was really excited to read this book as I've recently been addicted to romance books and thought I would be just as addicted to this one, but it was the only what that I didn't really enjoy. It took me a lot longer to read it and found my elf just putting it down and leaving it in the middle of chapters. The main character, Zoey, was one of the worst lead characters I've come across, she was completely deluded, and I didn't take a like to her at all, also Doug was not the handsome, amazing gentlemen that you get in most books and I didn't fall in love with him myself. There are lots of parts which are not explained and bits left out and some of the situations in the book are really childish and unrealistic. I eventually started to enjoy it properly near the end of the book but as soon as that started, it had just about finished. I think there are a lot better YA books available.

3.0 out of 5 stars Forget You is pleasant way to spent an afternoon/evening, 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: Forget You (Paperback)
I have only read Going Too Far prior to this but I like Jennifer Echols writing. It's well paced and the characters are realistic yet she doesn't drown you in unnecessary information.

Zoey is not my favourite character, during the second part of the book I struggled to see what Doug saw in her. Given her family though (especially her father) maybe I should cut her some slack. She did win me round in the end.

The story wasn't as gritty as I was expecting. Despite everything that's happening to her, Zoey is rather too focused on Brandon and `parking'. I understand she is a control freak and this was something for her to focus on but it still felt a bit too easy to ignore everything until came to a head.

Forget You is pleasant way to spent an afternoon/evening when you want something to read that will entertain you without leaving you reeling at the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Forget You (Paperback)
At first I found this really hard to get into, as I like books with a little more action. And me not liking the main character made it a bit harder.
At the end I perfered it a bit.
I wouldn't highly recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Forget You
Forget You by Jennifer Echols (Paperback - 1 Aug 2010)
Used & New from: 0.01