Scandal in Scotland
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange
Price:£5.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 2 January 2012
Captain William Hurst is on his way to trade an onyx box in exchange for his brother's life. But he has a stowaway on board, his former lover who left him broken hearted many years ago, Miss Marcail Beauchamp. She needs the onyx box herself, and asks for William's help, but he's still hurt by her betrayal and refuses to hear her out. She resorts to drugging him to get her box and disappears, but when William comes to, he's determined to find her and get the box back. He tracks her down and old feelings are revisited, but Marcail is reluctant to tell the truth to William. He's still annoyed about Marcail now publically living with a wealthy earl, but little does he know, their relationship isn't as it seems. Over time, Marcail confides in him, and William realises she'd lied to him in the past too. Despite this, he agrees to help her, both agreeing he should be the one who has the box once retrieved. They work together and old feelings are revisited.

Overall, the book was FAB. This is the first book I've read by this author and it won't be the last. I think this is the 2nd book in the Hurst series by Karen Hawkins, but I don't feel as if I've missed much by skipping the first. The way the story ends makes me eager to get my mitts on the 3rd in the series, with Robert Hurst.

5/5
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again