5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!
Published on 6 Jan 2010 by Andrea Kaciniel

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely recipes - needs more pictures!!
Published on 29 Oct 2011 by V. Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 6 Jan 2010
Andrea Kaciniel (Wimborne, Dorset UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook (Paperback)
I bought this book for a friend who had just come back from New York as a birthday gift. She had visited the Magnolia Bakery and we have been using their cupcake recipe for a few years as the base to many a 5 tiered cup cake cake! The book is great, different recipes to their first book, on the whole. Just a word of warning, I love American cake recipes and am happy to use cup measurements, if not all the recipes will need converting, but there are several sites that will do this for you. A stick of butter is 4 oz by the way!

4.0 out of 5 stars The only thing wrong, 11 April 2013
This review is from: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook (Paperback)
The only thing wrong with this cookbook is the absence of pictures. What I look for in cookbooks is pictures of the finish product so I can judge whether I like it or not or whether it came out well. Maybe another thing wrong about it is that it is not a complete whole separate book from the previous magnolia ones but just a gathering of all the recipes of the previous cookbooks. The recipes so far have fully satisfied my taste and the ones of the rest of the family. Just because of the small detail of the pictures, I had to give it a 4*.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely recipes - needs more pictures!!, 29 Oct 2011
V. Butler "VB Bear" (SUNDERLAND, TYNE & WEAR GREAT BRITAIN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook (Paperback)
This has some lovely recipes in it, from cakes, cookies, brownies, cheesecakes, tray bakes - all delicious sounding (no of course I haven't made anything from it yet, haven't you seen how many books I already have on the shelf?!). Nice, concise ingredient lists and methods, in American measures... the only problem I have with it, which is why it only gets 3 * rating is the lack of pictures, which I don't understand - 90% of the reason you make the recipe is because the beautiful picture looks so delicious! There are only 16 colour photos in 2 little chunks in the middle of the book, it does reprise the photos and recipes from the previous Magnolia Bakery cookbook, but has many more. If it had lots more photos to drool over, this would have had 4 stars at least!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook (Paperback)
Good recipes but the book is poorly made. It isn't cut right asked for another one and it was exactly the same it was supposed to be for a gift but I had to return it and get a refund I couldn't give that as a present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best recipes for cupcakes!, 18 April 2013
This review is from: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook (Paperback)
Even though this cookbook lacks photographs it makes up for it in great recipes! Finally a cookbook from a bakery with recipes that actually work in home kitchen!

I have tried the vanilla cupcake recipe when I was looking for a really good basic cupcake recipe - and was pleasantly surprised with the result. I have made it 2 more times and the result was the same: a lovely sweet cupcake with light and velvety texture. Even the batter is nice and creamy and they also rise well. They baked a few minutes longer than the recipe suggested though.

I tried tweaking the vanilla cupcake recipe to achieve a lovely chocolate cupcake but failed. I then purchased the book (the vanilla recipe is easily found online).

I then tried the Devil's food cake recipe and it was mind-blowing! I made a portion of vanilla cupcake batter and added some coffee, then poured both cake mixtures into 2 tins. This resulted in a marble mocha cake and it was very very nice. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend this book to anyone who is into baking! I've tried Hummingbird's recipes, Primrose bakery's recipes, and many more, but these ones are definitely the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, 19 May 2010
D. Pedersen "Didde" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook (Paperback)
Allthough there arent many pics in this book, the recipes are super! The ones I have tried are delicious and I only bought the book for the recipes, not the pictures as inspiration.

4.0 out of 5 stars yummy, Yummy, YUMMY!, 28 Mar 2010
E. Deeny - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook (Paperback)
My boyfriend bought me this book as a gift. We visited the Magnolia Bakery in New York and loved the yummy gooey cupcakes. I have only made one recipe so far, which was the Devil's food chocolate cake. I took it to a friend's for dinner and was very impressed at my efforts! It was sweet and moist, but still light and fluffy. Delicious! The great thing about this book is, not only that every recipe sounds amazing, but that the icings and frostings are separate in the book, so you can mix and match the cakes with the frostings to make your favourite combinations. The possibilities are endless with this book and I can't wait to make more yummy desserts! Might go and make some now!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for personal use would make a very shabby gift, 11 July 2014
This review is from: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook (Paperback)
I'm so torn on this review. If your main objective is to produce wonderful cakes then it's 5 stars all the way. I'm not the best cook but even for me the buttermilk chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing tasted amazing. The downside of the book, which is such a shame is not only the lack of pictures but the really poor finish, the pages have really tattered edges and as such I'd be embarrassed to give as a gift. That aside if you are buying for yourself I think you will love it, just buy yourself an American measuring cup, it's a lot less faff than trying to convert weights.

5.0 out of 5 stars really nice, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook (Paperback)
I went to Magnolia bakery many times, so i know how the dessert look like ( only downside...almost no pictures).
But i can't wait to try it myself !!!!
Extremely quick delivery.
I recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality book, 30 April 2014
This review is from: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook (Paperback)
Recipes look good,haven't tried any yet as I was considering returning the book.the pages are not cut properly and look very tatty. I have spoken with the company 'Wordery'and they say all the books in stock are the same.

The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook
The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook by Jennifer Appel (Paperback - 31 Oct 2009)
9.09