5.0 out of 5 stars Produced By Faith Review
Published on 30 April 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book
Was a good read.. I would recommend it. Some of the references were so on point and also good for reflection for individual experiences.
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Produced By Faith Review, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Produced by Faith: Enjoy Real Success Without Losing Your True Self (Hardcover)
To be honest, I don't quite think I can articulate how AMAZING this book is but I'll do my best. Having listened to a sermon by Devon Franklin on the topic of 'turning the other page,' I was instantly determined to read his book. Devon is an incredibly successful, well-accomplished, God-fearing man and his motivational persona shines throughout this book. I read a lot of 'self-help' books but very very few have moved me to change how I think about life, my career and personal success like this one has. Very rarely do I buy a book, read it and then feel the need to buy 10 copies to give to family and friends, but Produced by Faith: Enjoy Real Success Without Losing Your True Self has stirred my spirit and compelled me to be the best me I can be. It's full of messages that everybody should read, study and follow in order to improve their lives and their relationship with God. If you're on the fence about reading this book, just get it! It's fantastic, motivating and so, so compelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique perspective, 7 July 2011
I was browsing Amazon looking for information about a different book and I kept being drawn to DeVon Franklin's Produced by Faith. Now I left Christianity over 20 years ago and the title Produced by Faith and Devon's devotion to Christianity had me skeptical, but for some unknown reason I bought it. When I started reading it I felt as though he was talking to me directly. You see I had recently started writing a book and screen play and been wondering about the whole God thing.

I truly believe that the way DeVon uses the creation process behind producing a film and turns each stage into a metaphor for how to succeed in your life/work truly unique. I loved the WiMO video at the beginning of each chapter giving us a personal introduction into the chapters and the questions for the readers to consider at the end of each chapter.

Those of us who want to succeed in the movie industry, but just don't know how to get a foot in will find this book invaluable, as it helps you through every stage.

If you are religious, but felt that there was no room for God at work, as bring God into your workplace would hold you back, DeVon is a walking, talking testimony to the reverse.

Thank you DeVon for writing this book, as I went to church for the first time in twenty years after reading your book and my life is changing for the better, as I now realise God is with me every step of the way through the good and the bad times. I'm more focused and determined now and don't feel the need to hide what I believe in just to get on in life/work. I truly believe that as long as you are true to yourself and do that which you believe in your heart to be honest you will succeed.

I would definitely recommended Produced by Faith to everyone irregardless of your view on Christianity, as there is something for everyone wishing to succeed in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Produced By Faith, 11 Jun. 2011
I just happened to be at West End Seventh Day Adventist Church in Atlanta on May 28th 2011 where I came across DeVon Franklin he was the guest speaker and he produced a very rousing sermon entitled "Who's starring in your movie" Franklin draws on his career as a successful Hollywood executive and through his sermon relates ones life as a movie, with scenes and actors. He goes on further to state you are the director of your movie (your life) where mistakes happen but if you partner with God and don't give up on your faith you can produce a successful movie despite pitfalls and problems. Fast forward to his book where he again takes you behind the workings of film development and production with each chapter being a guide to how you can achieve success by not compromising your integrity and faith. This book can be used as a template for any profession, put simply it is a very good read that will encourage you to achieve what you thought was not possible. The success of this book in America has seen Amazon.com at time of writing down to one remaining copy as they await more stock. This also happened when the author attended West End Church the 100 copies he carried were snapped up in minutes. I was fortunate to get a copy from a kind young lady for free. (Tia Chester-Thanks) I highly recommend this book and see more in the pipeline from the talented DeVon Franklin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Produced by Faith: Enjoy Real Success Without Losing Your True Self, 28 Sept. 2012
Y. Sweeney (London) - See all my reviews
Produced by Faith: Enjoy Real Success Without Losing Your True Self - very good and inspiring book. A must have in your collection

5.0 out of 5 stars greatest purchase l have ever made, 3 July 2012
this book arrived timeously and in good condition. I really wanted to write a post particularly for the people that shy away from any books that refer to christianity. Whilst DeVon talks a lot about his faith, the lessons that are taught and refreshed in this book are emmense. I am at a stage were l was not sure how to take the next step and this book has helped me. I have encourged my daughter who is 20 to read it too. Great DeVon, and thank you very much

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 6 July 2011
I bought this book after reading the recommendation from Tyrese Gibson. This book instantly hooked me and provoked deep thinking. It made you look at your life and think how can I apply that, or where am I going wrong. All these questions questions that arise throughout the book make you work on developing balance and it is possible to continue with your spiritual life alongside you career without compromising your beliefs. This is a motivational book it helps you to feel comfortable about your faith and leads you through the changes you need to strengthen your relationship with God and how to fit your job in around your faith. A wonderful book which, although I have read it, I regularly dip in and out of it refreshing myself with different chapters when I needs a boost or some guidance.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am Happy, 28 Dec. 2013
Ordered and recieved in good time for my sons 22 birthday. Quick and speedy delivery in good condition. A very good read I must say. As I ordered a book for myself. Its an uplifing and heart warming book guiding and teaching you the importance of self.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good book, 6 Nov. 2014
A really good read by all standards - very informative and relevant to the subject. Just wondering now, how come I am only chancing on it now. Good stuff. I also recommend one titled “Doing Business with God” – here’s a link:

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book. Great read., 6 July 2014
DeVon has kept this book real. That makes it really helpful. Its well written, easy to read and follow and a good reference book.
I'm really proud a Christian has written a book like this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 25 Nov. 2013