5.0 out of 5 stars Great mix and match
Published on 9 Mar 2012 by EmmaP

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a parson's nose...
I, like others, bought this book specifically for the Diana Gabaldon short story. That was brilliant, so I definitely got my money's worth.
Published on 25 July 2012 by Mariask

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mix and match, 9 Mar 2012
Brilliant set of short stories, very useful for a busy lifestyle where you just read a wee bit at a time. I bought it for the Diana Gabaldon story as I'm an avid fan and it was a great side story to the main books. The rest of the stories were mainly really good, though there were a few of the fantasy ones that were slightly odd. I highly recommend this book for anyone with an appreciation of scifi, fantasy, romance or just good stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 26 Mar 2013
L. A. Cook "Sweet cheeks" (Aberdeenshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Ok book, bought it for the story about Roger's parents by Diana Gabaldon as I am a big fan of the voyager series she has written.Some other good stories in there too but a few real duffers!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good short stories, 22 Mar 2013
G. M. Colvin "millysmam" (wales) - See all my reviews
sometimes feel like novels are like a 10 course banquet and sometimes you just feel like a snack, this book filled with good "snack" stories

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a parson's nose..., 25 July 2012
The rest of the book. Hmmmm. Well, at best I would say that it's 'variable'. There are some very well-written short stories in there. Some interesting ideas, and some that have made me think. Some that have taken me along for the ride, and been absorbing and compulsive. But *some* of them are trite, predictable or just so clichéd in their genre that I couldn't bear to read more than the first page.
So, IMO, this is a book to cherry pick through. Take what you like, and leave the rest. Chances are that other people will like the stories that I found unreadable - tastes differ.
Ah. And one final thing. The book LOOKS cheaply produced. The narrow margins and paper quality make me think that this book has been produced on a shoestring: cram as many words as possible onto each page, then have very narrow trims on the pages to cut down on paper. Not a good look.

5.0 out of 5 stars I need to be really honest..., 10 April 2011
This review is from: Songs of Love & Death: All-Original Tales of Star-Crossed Love (Hardcover)
I only bought this book to read the tale by Diana Gabaldon as it links in with her other books (Outlander series)but I am pleased to say that the rest of the stories are excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. Just a shame its not on the Kindle but that is down to the Publishers and I am SICK of waiting for the other Diana Gabaldon books to come out on Kindle in the UK (rant over!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outlander must read!, 7 May 2011
Again, I am outlander fan who bought the book to read what happened to jerry mckenzie - a must for all fans of diana gabaldon :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Oct 2014
Great anthology

Songs of Love & Death: All-Original Tales of Star-Crossed Love
Songs of Love & Death: All-Original Tales of Star-Crossed Love by Peter S. Beagle (Hardcover - 16 Nov 2010)
Used & New from: £2.44