5.0 out of 5 stars Great romance.
This is a great story, and though I do agree that it is a little fanciful I don't particularly look for realism in this type of fiction.

Published on 30 Sep 2011 by M. Hands

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 27 July 2010 by E. Small

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 July 2010
E. Small (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rushed to the Altar (The Blackwater Brides) (Mass Market Paperback)
I agree, this book was a very disappointing effort from the usually wonderfully well-written Jane Feather. The plot was non-existent and what little there was, was not credulous or believeable. The title has nothing at all to do with what happens in the story - you would think it would indicate that the couple in question get married in the first couple of chapters of the book, then spend the rest of it working out their differences and falling in love. But they don't actually get married until the end of the book so there was very little that was "rushed" about it after 450 pages of (I hate to say it about an author I usually love so much) drivel. Not even the sex was good to make it a bit more interesting!
I really hope that the next two books in this series are not as disappointing as this one, otherwise it's going to be known as the Bloody Awful Brides.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Big Disappointment, 6 July 2010
I really like Jane Feather as an author and as I am an avid reader, I have probably read all of her books. I was very disappointed in this book. It was juvenile - any teenager could have written it and it was also very boring. No depth of character at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great romance., 30 Sep 2011
This review is from: Rushed to the Altar (Audio CD)

Clarissa makes a feisty and courageous heroine. Willing to sacrifice anything to find and rescue her brother. The story explores the growing relationship between Clarissa and the Earl and her desperate search for her brother Frances.

I would call this novel a romance but also one with plenty of adventure as well. I really engaged with the character of Clarissa and couldn't put down this book. Apart from the story itself the author has clearly meticulously researched the period which for me enriched the novel and made it even more interesting. There are some sex scenes but tastefully handled, which is something I prefer.

I know others have given this book poor reviews and of course not everyone will like it. But if you are a fan of historical fiction and enjoy authors such as Georgette Heyer then I think you will enjoy this more modern take on this genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 30 Sep 2011

ARRAY(0xa72f5618)

Rushed to the Altar (The Blackwater Brides)
Rushed to the Altar (The Blackwater Brides) by Jane Feather (Mass Market Paperback - 22 Jun 2010)
4.90