5.0 out of 5 stars An update!
I enjoyed every moment of the book as it updates several threads from 3 books: Saltation, I Dare and Mouse and Dragon .... so not the best place for a new reader to start. Maybe read Agent of Change first, then the three mentioned ;-)!
Published 19 months ago by Snowhite

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
Why did I give this book only 3 stars? Because I feel that the authors are abandoning their loyal fans for mere money. OK, everyone has to earn a dollar but . . .

Published 20 months ago by D. A. Bailes

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 11 Aug 2012
D. A. Bailes (Gloucester (ex- Mercia)) - See all my reviews

As ever a well written story with nice twists in it. But in this case there seem to be three threads. I guess that one of these leads to a new book - that's OK, though there is plenty of other scope for that. Another starts then ends, with something of a gap in the middle. The last ends in a cliff hanger, will the hero survive!?

Yet the body of the book is stuffed with pages of detail that got, frankly, boring and over which I found myself skipping, without losing the plot (what there was of one) due to this.

Two of my favourite authors are in danger of getting themselves relegated to the, "I'll buy it when it's available second hand," category. They have given over to the marketing machine tactics that, I feel, are an insult to their fans. I do not need serials to keep my loyalty, rather the reverse, I want a good tale, with invention and surprise, written in good English that resolves itself within the same covers (yet leaves me wanting more).

These authors are in the same class as Anne McCafferey - take her lead folks, that lady did not need such techniques to maintain a huge fan base!

5.0 out of 5 stars An update!, 17 Sep 2012

ARRAY(0xbc0eb58c)

Ghost Ship (Liaden Universe Novels)
Ghost Ship (Liaden Universe Novels) by Steve Miller (Hardcover - 16 Aug 2011)
16.35